3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tried 3-under for 1st time today  (Read 262 times)

Offline Jedimaster

• Trad Bowhunter
Tried 3-under for 1st time today
« on: February 13, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
Well after 15 years of traditional archery the thought finally hit me to give three under a try.  Some observations from my perspective.  

I can see the merits of this method but it seems much different to me.  For starters I found myself drawn to look down the arrow, after a few shots I realized I had begun to close my left eye.  What was this? I had unwittingly begun to "aim" (I shoot instintive, I won't say how well  :saywhat:  ).  I also realized that one must have a near flawless draw, not allowing the string to roll at all.  It shouldn't roll anyway, but without that stabilizing finger above the arrow you can see your mistakes magnified.  The last thing of interest was that I actually perceived more finger discomfort and I thought this method was supposed to all but eliminate finger pinch.  "[dntthnk]"  

Interesting experiment but I quickly realized that I had to stop or perhaps screw up my current form.  Others may say "stop before your converted".  I'm sure it was a fluke but my bow seemed quieter even though it's tillered split.
Do or do not ... there is no "try"

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tried 3-under for 1st time today
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Different strokes for different folks.  I've tried it a time or two (briefly) and I am just to used to split finger.  I like the added security of fingers above and below the nock.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©