Author Topic: 1st 3PC.. RECURVE problem limb alinement  (Read 319 times)

Offline Big Riser

• Trad Bowhunter
1st 3PC.. RECURVE problem limb alinement
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:54:00 PM »
I need to know any tricks to make sure limbs are drilled prefect.I drilled mine with the bingham,riser,and limb block and the limbs are off about a 1/4 of an inch off from the riser to the end of the limb.Any help would be greatly appreicated.       THANKS FRANK
Frank

Offline Big Riser

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st 3PC.. RECURVE problem limb alinement
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
do some of you guys use a dowel jig and drill throught the limb, and cover the hole with a Lam??????????
Frank

Offline rogers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:04:00 AM »
My binghams jig was off too, what I did was mark center lines inside of the jigs holes then use a flashlight that goes on my hat or head to look down in there and line those center lines with my lines on the riser and limbs, works great for me.  Yes alot drill through the limb then put a lam over the hole also a very accurate way to do it.  You can also go to a machine shop and they should be able to make you a jig that you could have talored to match you bow design.  Hope this helps!

Offline greyhawk39

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »
For the bingham jig,I center the limb and line up the lines and drill the holes and have great success.

Offline Joey V.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:34:00 AM »
Ya know I just drilled two sets of limbs with a new Bingham jig and both where off a lil. I checked and the jig is off plane and simple. Check those jigs because I think binghams machinist  did a bad job on this round of jigs. I had to wait a couple of weeks this last time to get the jigs about a month ago because his mahinist was behind. I think I am going to do some true measuring when I get back from a work trip and might be giving elmont a call...

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
I had the same issue so I drilled the hole for the bolt and lined up my tips then drilled thru the back of the limb into the riser for a perfect alignment. Then I put a real thin overlay over the holes on the back of the limb.
I am having a jig made as I type so I dont have to do it that way and so I can have multiple limbs for one riser.
Terry
US ARMY 1984-1988

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©