3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: colorado elk hunting  (Read 264 times)

Offline ks8674

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
colorado elk hunting
« on: February 14, 2008, 12:27:00 PM »
We are thinking of applying for gmu 4,5,441 this year for elk. I have never hunted in any of these units, but, they seem to have good stats. Looking to hunt a new place this season..see some new scenery. Anyone have any good or bad experiences in these units. Looks like there might be a lot of 4 wheeler traffic do to the abundance of roads. We tend to backpack into wilderness areas usually. Any info would be helpful!!

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: colorado elk hunting
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
I've not hunted those units, I'm sticking to my wilderness hunts far, far away from traffic and ATV's !

Offline dead-eye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
I have hunted those units.  We sometime see a pretty good number of elk, and other time lots of hunters.  And you are right, there can be quite a few 4 wheelers running around, which means you need to to some serious hiking to get away from them.  Be forwarned that it should (unless you are really lucky)take at least one preference point to draw those units.

Offline elkkrazy8

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
I agree with u brad,I like the wilderness areas.Either horses or your own 2 feet.Plus i think most hunters dont get more than a mile off the road.
         Bill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©