Author Topic: Grizzly bandsaw question  (Read 421 times)

Offline Monkey Wrench

• Trad Bowhunter
Grizzly bandsaw question
« on: September 07, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
Hey guys, not sure if this is right place to ask this question or not.  I know lots of folks on here use bandsaws though, so maybe the question is more universal than just the grizzly model.  

According to the manual, the saw will accept a blade that is 92.5 - 93.5 inches long.  I got an unused blade from a friend, he thought it was 93.5, and I checked and that's what I came up with.

But when I go to put it on the saw, it seems too big, not WAAYY to big, I just can't get it to adjust tightly using the torsion knob on the top.  Which really goes into my main question.  The torsion knob only appears to adjust about 1/2" from bottomed out to topped out.  So, if the knob only adjust 1/2", how can there be a 1" variation on acceptable blade sizes?  I didn't put the saw together, but from what I can see, there is not a way to adjust the wheel to wheel length other than the knob.  What am I missing here?

Offline mater

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grizzly bandsaw question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
That should take up slack a half inch on both sides. The front where the band goes down and the the back where the blade goes up. Other than that...dono.  Mark

Offline Joey V.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
I have a grizzly and can only order blades from grizzly.....  They make the saw that way so univesal blades don't work at all.  At least this is the case with my older 14" Z model.

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Give them a call at the grizzly store. I've found them to be very helpful. They will want the model and serial number off the saw.
Ron
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
Is the quick release lever in the tension position? Mine has a lever on top that when released loosens the blade without changing the adjustment.glen

Offline Monkey Wrench

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
I called Grizzly today, he suggested going with a new blade before I start digging too deep into, since I didn't have the "new" sticker on the blade.  Worth a shot, hopefully that is it.  

The saw says it takes a 92.5-93.5" blade, which is a standard size.  

Thanks for the reply's, I was hoping not to get a "you have to move up the entire front wheel" type of response.  I'll report back when I figure it out.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
I order 93.5 for mine. There is another adjustment on the back of the saw head,attached below the tension lever for fine tuning,I believe. Seems like I had to adjust it for a blade I had once.

That said, our saws may not be the same exact model.

Good luck,I'm sure Griz can help ya figure it out!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
I've had a few 93.5" blades from Lowes (Vermont blades I do believe) that were just a tad too big as well..even after adjustment. Timberwolf and Delta blades always seem to fit for me and I have the 14" ultimate model.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Joey, I have a 14.5" "Z" model too. I get my blades from Grizzly.  They do have a great support group with lots of helpful, informative folks ready to answer your questions. Give them a call!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 07:22:00 PM »
I have Heard that TimberWolf Blades are THE way to go. Dont have one, yet, so its Hearsay. (So Far Anyway) hahaha  :biglaugh:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline sulphur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 09:54:00 PM »
i have never been able to get my 14" griz to accept a 93" blade, which is no big deal anyway.  I have used olson, timberwolf and vermount blades with no problems.  kenny is right there are quite a few adjustments that can be made.  try a new blade and re-read your manual i bet u missed something.
Rumblin, Stumblin, Bumblin

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »
You can read the manuals online also , you can find em on grizzly.com
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©