Author Topic: 2 piece self bow ... first try. finished pics pg 11  (Read 4714 times)

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2 piece self bow ... first try. finished pics pg 11
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2011, 07:38:00 AM »
mr art b, i enjoyed shooting the arrows you made. they are beautiful functioning works of art. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #181 on: January 20, 2011, 07:44:00 AM »
Thanks Ruddy, good to hear that they shot well for you........Art

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #182 on: January 20, 2011, 08:17:00 AM »
LOL - Art, Rudy was so impressed with my canes, that were made by you, that I felt forced to shake the poor guy down 3 times between the front door and his car before I let him drive away -        ;)    

We have made a little deal re cane arrows and bows. Rudy wants to make a bow for me out of a real nice TN Osage stave I have here, (I told him I'd be honored to have him make me a bow, when he brought it up), while I make him a few cane arrows to shoot out of his Osage 2Pc bow.

He wants to get started on another bow right away and needs a stave for it, and while my cane arrows aren't near as pretty (spell beautiful) as yours, they shoot well and are forgiving (as all canes are). So I guess we have a deal. I have another Osage stave, from old friend, Linc, that I need to start work on (been procrastinating way too long since my "It" bow broke - just took the heart out of me), before I would ever be able to get to the TN stave  anyway. Ruddy called me yesterday evening about it and the upshot of that is that he will get down here again (SOON, I expect        :D      ) to pick up the stave to start on. I believe he plans to do another build-along with it on here too, so that will be neat. Maybe I'll loan him a couple or so of my other old cane arrows to shoot until I get his done LOL
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #183 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
That sounds like a great deal for Ruddy! Perhaps  you're going to need a little boot though..........cane arrows heap much work  :D  !

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #184 on: January 20, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
Ummm - how well I know, Art - but Ruddy realizes it too and is only asking for 3 shooters and 3 hunters, plus he's providing the points, BHs, and feathers. Besides he's got a good heart      :) .  (Also I hope to get him headed towards doing some himself in the future     :D    )

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #185 on: January 20, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
"Besides he's got a good heart"

That's all that's required!

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing the day with us. Looks like too much fun, the only thing better would be hunting with her.
Did you name the bow yet ruddy?
Well gulp that is a hard act to follow but I will try to get something looking and shooting as near as good as I can.
God Bless and Happy Shooting,
Kelly

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
That's the spirit, Kelly!

I knew you, of all folks, would understand that, Art - bless your heart.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
kelly with the soldiering and the bow building you got goin on you got your plate full bud. the tools are on thier way. your doin fine you have alot of good help here. just take your time. if you feel frustrated just stop and wait till another day. beleive me it will be there andf always be on your mind.i couldnt tell ya how many nights i layed awake thinkin about the bow i was building. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
LOL - It's a common malady of those who pursue the elusive wood bow that lurks in innocent looking staves.   :archer:

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©