Author Topic: Hot box build along  (Read 1356 times)

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hot box build along
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
bjansen,
Could we see pics of the themp controls and such.
pretty please,
Kelly

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
Sure...coming soon....I dont have a snap disk installed yet just as a heads up.

Offline galyien trueshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2014, 09:59:00 PM »
I agree with the dimmer switch idea. Just make sure dimmer switch can handle the amps and ya you can do like you wrre saying.

Offline cunruhshoot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
Nice looking oven! I am not motivated to add castors to mine and some new insulation as you used rather than the foil method I used.
As Iron sharpens Iron so one person sharpens another...Prov. 27:17

Offline cunruhshoot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 01:22:00 AM »
I meant to say that I AM motivated to add castors etc...
As Iron sharpens Iron so one person sharpens another...Prov. 27:17

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2014, 07:40:00 AM »
Thanks for taking the time to share.You have given me some motivation to change some things on mind.One thing I would like to add is some kind of low speed fan that could take the heat.Anyone have any suggestions or know where to get one?

Offline rockkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 07:45:00 AM »
Sorry....I maybe should have started a different topic and not asked the fan question.

AL  :knothead:

Offline carpin'mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 12:35:00 PM »
If I'm around in 55 years I'll be at your estate sale for it, very nice job, and thanks for the handles!  After seeing the oven on the Stalker build video and now yours, I'm definitely doing some mods on mine and moving the bulbs down below where they belong. Great job and thanks for the inspiration.

Online Jerry Gille

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
Nice job.  That's about a million times nicer and better built than mine.  Like usual...

Offline galyien trueshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
How long did this take and how much? I only ask cause im 100 bucks into it and 12 hours to build it heh

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
Thanks for resurecting an old post.  Going through this brought back some good memories in the old shop.  

For a nice, low velocity fan try to find an old desktop computer someone is throwing away.  The box portion will have nice little cooling fans built in the back. They are small and will move just the amount of air you need in the box.  

Time wise...a good weekend project...maybe 6-8 hours total.  Cost wise, with the ETC this is probably a $150 project.  

One other addition I made last year to this box was to wire in a timer switch prior to the ETC (I believe it is a 6 hour switch I picked up at a home improvement store for $17). Historically, I would either leave the oven on too long (i.e., overnight), have to time my bake right, or have to go back to the garage at an odd hour to shut it off.  With the timer switch, you can throw in the item you are cooking....set it and forget it.

Offline natureboysan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
This is possibly the nicest hot box design I've seen yet. Awesome build along too. I just read through the whole thread and my mind is swimming with variations on the ideas presented by everyone. Now how to put together a bit of extra scratch so I can implement them all is the only question  :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©