Author Topic: How on Earth to contact Mike Mcguire?  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How on Earth to contact Mike Mcguire?
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
I don't know Mike but I have talked to him a few times. I didn't see him last weekend in FL at the TBOF shoot. He usually sells a lot of wood there.

Offline Jim Dahlberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
I have had no problems with purchasing staves from Mike in the past.  A little slow some times but always delivered.  Sorry to hear that others are having problems.

Offline Ricky Wallace

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
Any updates on this? I am very curious
If you expect nothing from anyone,you will never be dissapointed. Watch,Listen,Learn U.S.ARMY  '86 '91

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
The police told me I have to file a civil suit.  It costs over $100 to do so plus I would need to fly to Spencer, TN in order to proceed.  I can't do that so I guess I'm screwed.

I have called him and almost all the McGuire's in the Spencer, TN area.  No return phone calls from anyone.

If anybody lives in or near Spencer, TN. I would buy you dinner to go knock on this guy door and just ask whats going on?

Anyhow thats where I'm at.  

This whole thing has made me sick.  

I have not built an Osage bow since.  I am out of Osage and now that he took my $550 I am out or money for Osage. I needed this wood to build a bow for the Tradgang swap.

This all just SUCKS!

Mike McGuire your an ass!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
tenbrook look up SEMO HUNTER or John Scifres next time, they are both sponsers and both have a great reputation here and will do things right. I have an almost full gallon bag of processed hind leg sinew I would give to somebody if they send a stave to Cody. Send me a PM if your interested.

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
I have had a few offers for free staves.  

I cant say thank you enough!!!

But to be honest.  I will pass for now.

I don't even want to look at any Osage right now let alone build a Osage bow.  

If it does not workout with Mike sending me my staves I will build my recepient a BBI bow.

Thanks again!!!  :thumbsup:  

Tenbrook

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
ttt

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
I get mad all over again everytime I read through this post!!

THIS IS JUST COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR FOR A GUY WHO SELLS ANYTHING!!

I hope he's been black listed and if not, he should be!
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
X2 Semo. I know we all hope he hasn't had personal issues, but when I read that a few guys are seeing him selling at events....well then, that says it all. GREED and a lack of MORALS!
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »
Can't the "group" that has been involved all go together on a legal eagle and file together???
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Sounds like this guy is making a great living in tough times, between selling at events and snatching peoples money...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
Here is a post from a thread I started on Stickbow.com

I am in the boat with you I sent Mike McGuire $300.00 last Aprill he sent me 1 stave. the deal was for 2 holie charactor bow blanks and 2 staves Osage Orange. 4 pieces total, $65.00 each plus shipping. I have not been able to contact him on phone I have left messages, He sent me email recently a month ago, in reply to email from me , when i asked him if he was going to be at the TBOF shoot he answered affirmative and he would make it up to me what he owed me plus. I said good , He did not show up at TBOF shoot. I am not alone on this as others i have had contact with have been taken as well, I know of at least 3 others and now this post. I have left messages on his phone and many emails NO WOOD except the one stave I got from him about 8 months ago. damn expensive stave,, $300.00 sorry to hear of others being taken too. I thought he was a stand up man, him and his dad i have met and spent couple days with them at Last years TBOF 2010, A year I figure is plenty time to wait for wood especially when i saw pictures of his wood stash and wood displaya t other shoots last year throughout the year. I have yet to get my wood owed to me. I have talked to several people who know Mike, in person and email, they have no clue whats happened to him either..... Ken Lutz Old Town, FL.  

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
This Mike McGuire was referred to me by someone on here as a source for osage staves. Glad I didn't buy from him now. The email that I was given was
  [email protected]    Is that an email that you tried?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by snag:
This Mike McGuire was referred to me by someone on here as a source for osage staves. Glad I didn't buy from him now. The email that I was given was
  [email protected]    Is that an email that you tried?
Thats it.  

I have been sending emails with no luck.

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 09:51:00 AM »
Look at all the people this guy has stolen from.

Originally posted by coyote1956:
He has a couple hundred of my dollars, been waiting since Aprill for my Osage, last email he sent me on Aug. 13th sayin he'd ship it that next Monday or a refund , never got either and no contact since................  Yes I have tried to reach him......   Go figure.... Ken
Originally posted by Art B:
Same thing happened to me several years ago. Each week he had a different excuse for not sending my money back. Never did get the wood and it took over six months of correspondence to get my money back. Hope you guys get your money back as well. Good luck..........Art
Originally posted by Art B:
As I mentioned in my earier reply, Mike took my money and didn't deliver. Only got my money back, after many months of e-mails, when I let him know that I would be look him up at one of his sales/events    :mad:        :smileystooges:    .........Art
Originally posted by bighunter:
tenbrook, let me know what you find out. He only owes me one stave but Id really like to get it. Dont really like being robbed. Is that his home address we are sending our money to?
Originally posted by Terry Green:
I'm not hearing good things about this guy...folks are emailing me and calling me.

Looks like another hall of shame nominee.    :(  
These posts are from a thread I started on Stickbow.com

I just wanted to warn all you Osage Selfbow builders out there that Mike McGuire stole $550 from me.
I sent him $550 for some Osage staves and have received nothing. He will not answer my phone calls or emails.

Based on the thread below I am not the only one. He has taken many peoples money without delivering.

I have been contacted from quite a few ***********er's and tradganger's he has done the same thing to. He tells your to send him a check for the Osage and you never hear from him again!

You have been warned!

Thanks

Tenbrook
I am in the boat with you I sent Mike McGuire $300.00 last Aprill he sent me 1 stave. the deal was for 2 holie charactor bow blanks and 2 staves Osage Orange. 4 pieces total, $65.00 each plus shipping. I have not been able to contact him on phone I have left messages, He sent me email recently a month ago, in reply to email from me , when i asked him if he was going to be at the TBOF shoot he answered affirmative and he would make it up to me what he owed me plus. I said good , He did not show up at TBOF shoot. I am not alone on this as others i have had contact with have been taken as well, I know of at least 3 others and now this post. I have left messages on his phone and many emails NO WOOD except the one stave I got from him about 8 months ago. damn expensive stave,, $300.00 sorry to hear of others being taken too. I thought he was a stand up man, him and his dad i have met and spent couple days with them at Last years TBOF 2010, A year I figure is plenty time to wait for wood especially when i saw pictures of his wood stash and wood displaya t other shoots last year throughout the year. I have yet to get my wood owed to me. I have talked to several people who know Mike, in person and email, they have no clue whats happened to him either..... Ken Lutz Old Town, FL.  
Originally posted by Bjorn:
I paid that horses behind for two staves 3 months ago. Two months ago he said he was snowed in but shipping on the Monday-must be one heck of a winter.
as you read my post above I have waited patiently trying to contact him, never him trying to contact me for a YEAR isnt that long enuff????????? sorry to hear it Bjorn we posting here are not the only ones though.... there are others owed wood by Mike. Ken

[/b]

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »
Just got a call from Mike McGuire.

He says he is shipping all my staves first thing in the morning.

He also said he would be sending all the people he has owed staves to their staves as well.

If anyone wants his updated phone # send me an email at
[email protected]

Thanks

Tenbrook

:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
I hope he is sincere this time around........

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
Good luck!
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
Yeah good luck.   :rolleyes:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by PEARL DRUMS:
I hope he is sincere this time around........
X ∞

If anybody gets their staves let us know.
It would be poor form to bash a guy for the bad stuff publicly and not inform the public when/if he makes it right.
Just my 2¢
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©