3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Green Bear Broadhead bleeder blades??  (Read 603 times)

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
Green Bear Broadhead bleeder blades??
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »
Green Bear Broadhead bleeder blades?? Got a couple dozen Greenheads on the way. But need to find some bleeder blades for them. Anyone know who sells them??? Anyone still like hunting with them??? Any stories??
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Green Bear Broadhead bleeder blades??
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »
String Cutter,

Your post gave me an idea. Satalite is now making a broadhead called a "Razorhead". I assume that the name is copywrited so I would guess that Bear has licensed Satalite to use the name. Not sure.

Anyway, I just took one of the bleeder blades from the Satalite Razorhead and put it in an old green Bear Razorhead and it fits perfectly. I mean PERFECTLY! I bought the Satalites at a local proshop but I'm sure you could get them other places too.

Hope this helps,
-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
I believe it's because the bleeders are the exact same. In fact, I believe Satelite's head is just the newest model of Razorhead....least, that's how it seems...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
The bleeders were never changed once the design was perfected. The green heads,  grey heads and the stainless heads all use the same insert blade.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »
Do the bleeders come in differant sizes???

Online Adirondack Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
3 Rivers'  sells them

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51:00 PM »
Didn't find 'em at 3 rivers guess I can check some other placed now I know their all the same bleeders.....
Did see where NAP is makin them now. But they look totally differant..... And Cabelas says they are out of the Bear screw ins and can't order anymore. So I guess they ain't makin them any more .... Time to stock up on bleeders!!!!

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 03:52:00 AM »
'Cutter, I have an unopened Bear blister pack of auxiliary blades(contains 12 each plus wood shaft cutting tool).  email your address and I will ship them off to you no charge........Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »
Shick, Thanks alot. Really can use them....PM sent..

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Shick you da man,thats a nice thing to do.String Cutter those bleeders for Bear razorheads are all the same.Bear did not change that bleeder from about 1956 (after the pinned Bear razor head was changed)to well..today...Here's a little info for you.Bear Archery records show they made somewhere around 3.5 million broadheads,yes it's true 3.5 mill.I never have really shot anything else myself.I do kinda stay out of the arguments about whats the best broadhead,whats the sharpest,whats the strongest bla bla bla...All I really know is what I just told you.Bear Archery made 3.5 mill.plus broadheads and I will bet that Bear razorheads have taken more game then all other broadheads put together.That would be by traditional archers of course.They were cheap,they are a little soft.But they were designed that way so they could be file sharpend i.e. bears bowhunter kit was sold with a file...and or even straightend pretty easy...The best broadhead ever built for my money.I always shot em with the bleeder blade in....now thats another story about Fred's design and purpose for the bleeder,great broadhead....bowdoc

Offline La. bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
Cabelas carries the Bear broadheads and the bleeder blades.
La. Bowhunter trad archery addict

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
Bowdoc, looking for some history from you if you can help.  Didn't Bear use the Black Diamond until he made his own heads which were designed after the Black diamond.  My dad was on Bears advisory staff and I thought he told me that at one time or another.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »
Oh yeah Fred used them until 1955 or so...he had the BD's cut for a huge bleeder blade aka known as the airplane.I said batwing,but changed it after I checked...Jon fact is there is a Bear airplane for sale right now on freebay.Not sure what it will sell for...but check it out if you have time......bowdoc

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
I have some bleeders hanging around. If you send me a PM with you address I'll round them up and send them to you.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »
I have a bunch of used bleeders anybody got a slick trick to sharpen them easy so I can reuse.Thanks Kip

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »
Yes I do Kip...your gonna love this.You know that little broadhead sharpening tool,called a cutmaster.Bear and every other archery company sold them from around the 50's until??? Little plastic forked tool with two cutters molded into the plastic ?? to rebevel resharpen your broadhead,or knife edge for that matter...Today they still sell one pretty near that,it's a plastic grenn handle with the same type two cutters molded into the plastic???? The early Bear Cutmaster made by Cutmaster and packaged by Bear Archery???? was actuly for sharpening the bleeders not the broadhead.The new green handle two little cutters molded into the plastic work great for bleeders.If I can load a pic later this AM I will show ya a couple....bowdoc

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
Lets see if this works again today.bowdoc

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »
Kip, I have used an Accusharp to sharpen my bleeders.  Just stand'em up on the edge of a bench and sharpen one side at a time.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
Don I had one of those in my fanny pack in the 70's will have to try and find it.SuperK used a Accusharp and worked O.K. but kinda big so bowdocs tip might work better.Thanks Kip

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »
'Cutter, address received.  Will ship out tuesday since monday is a holiday. Enjoy....Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©