3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gerald Welch yew longbow  (Read 197 times)

Offline oberon

• Trad Bowhunter
Gerald Welch yew longbow
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
Calling all owners of Gerald Welch  English longbows  out there . Would like to hear about your bows and see photos as well.
 All the best,
 Oberon

Offline JD Pope

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gerald Welch yew longbow
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
I have one of Gerald's bows and am very pleased with it. It has the tournament styled caribou nocks and the wrapped grip. It is 65@28" and is a real smoker when compared to other selfbows I have shot. The workmanship on every Welchman longbow I have ever seen has been perfect. These are beautiful longbows in the English tradition.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures handy at this time. But if you order a bow from Gerald Welch, you will not be disappointed.

Offline oberon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gerald Welch yew longbow
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
Greetings JD,
  I have heard nothing but glowing reports about his yew longbows.
  Think that I will get a chance to meet with him  soon as he is coming down to Oregon in about a month to gather some more high mountain  Cascade Yew for his longbows.
 Hope that he brings along a bow for me to try out.
  I live in Oregon and run a blacksmith shop , Gerald says that he would like to visit my smithy.
 I am thinking that it will be kind of cool to forge some period stuff to go along with one of his yew longbows.
  Seems like most longbow-men and traditional archers in general are interested in this slamming hot iron with a hammer.
 Oberon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©