Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51663 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1180 on: May 21, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Now that's pretty!   I had an ELB with the double stringing nock, an outstanding idea.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1181 on: May 21, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
thats pretty cool 4est. your bows are always classy and have simple but elegant lines.

i  like your tips!

lol...
-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1182 on: May 21, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Originally posted by Balding Kansan:
I can't wait to get that bow Kenny!!!! Just kidding/dreaming fellas!
I should go buy a lotto ticket!!! I was just playing around with my comment above. So there story goes....I knew I had a package waiting for me at the front office that I needed to pick up today. I had a feeling it was a swap bow. Long story short the office closes at 5:00 and I got there right as the lady was locking the door. With a little of my "charm" I talked/begged/pleaded her to let me get my package. The first thing I noticed was the return address was a feller named Kenny from those Missouri parts. Now I about had a stroke. After I rounded up my impact drill to get the lid off and spent about 30 minutes unwrapping the shrink wrap I finally got to hold her (my wife gave me that look like, "you don't hold me like that"). So anyways....I know everyone wants pics but I'm kind of in a hurry (moms 50th b-day party) and I refuse to rush the pictures on this bow and sell it short. She's beautiful. Maybe Kenny can help me out with the wood types? Thanks again Kenny. Everyone always posts what a stand out/up guy you are. Take care.
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1183 on: May 21, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
Here ya go buddy! Glad you like her!

5*# @ 2*" 64" D/R

Thats 53@29  64" d/r

Bubinbga riser with sapele I-beam and maple accents. Figured cherry veneers and Natural A-boo cores.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1184 on: May 21, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
Balding - Congrats on receiving that fine bow fom Kenny.  You know you are the envy of a lot of folks around here now, so you better post some full draw pics so we can all share in your enjoyment.

twitchstick - Congrats to you too.  That is also a fine looking bow.  Forgive my ignorance, but what does having a double nock do for you and do you string it any differently than a typical bow with single nocks?  There must be something to it if 4est also sent a video.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1185 on: May 21, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
Twitch, 4est done you proud, boy! Nice lookin' bow.
Kansan, hope your mom has a great b'day, but hurry up with the pics.
Stan

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1186 on: May 22, 2011, 01:27:00 AM »
Kansan, Glad you got a sweet stick in the swap after waiting so long last year.

Twitch you got you hands on a fine stick as well. 4est put together the board bow buildalong and that is what got me into this fine craft.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1187 on: May 22, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »
My horn will be here monday and I will be prepping it to go on my swap bow after I get back from Hickory.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline K30bowfisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1188 on: May 22, 2011, 01:39:00 AM »
My wife called me this afternoon, I was working, to Ask me what I had bought now. A long tube came in the mail from someone in PA. I was so excited, longest day at work Ive had in a long while. I get home to find a beautiful BBO made by Roy in PA. Yes Roy, I am smiling big. This bow is very nicely made it has nice graceful lines. It also is a shooter. It launches a 500gr aluminum arrow with authority. Here are a couple of photos to make you all even more jealous.

Roy you are a skilled bowyer, thank you very much for the sweet shooter you built for me, it fits me perfectly!

Strung Profile

Full Draw, oh yeah!

1st 5 arrows at 15 yards, this bow is a shooter!

thanks again Roy, I couldn't be happier.
It is better to be approximately right than exactly wrong.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1189 on: May 22, 2011, 05:45:00 AM »
LOL, Your so welcome Lane.. Roy

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1190 on: May 22, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
Everyone Great looking bows. There sure are tallented bowyers and lucky recepients on this trade. K30 I did that once put a target in front of garage door,got so excited about a great  bow and on the sixth shot put a hole in the garage door. :bigsmyl:  If all goes as planned I should have my trade bow in the mail next week. Hope that "The or He or She or It" gets it in good  shape never know about the shipping
"Never to old to learn something new"

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1191 on: May 22, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
I've found the best way to ship a bow is in plastic pipe with wooden end plugs screwed into the ends of the pipe. And insurance is dirt cheap, like about 2 bucks for 200 worth of insurance.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1192 on: May 22, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
Roy, Kenny, and Curt, those are some fine looking bows.  You all done good…real good.    

Here is the update my trade bow.  Unfortunately, with a new job and a 140-mile commute each way, I ran out of time to complete a third bow before St Jude’s.  I applied the first three coats of finish last weekend, did all the lettering yesterday, and am applying the finishing coats today.  With any luck, **** *********’s bow will ship out later this week.  Later today I will post some pictures of **** *********’s bow, the bow going to St. Jude’s, and a few others that are being finished at the same time.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1193 on: May 22, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Wow!  Starting to look like Christmas morning... lots of great packages being opened     :)    :)    :)
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1194 on: May 22, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
Wow 3 more great looking bows down.
I am not so sure Roy made that bow there is no crayon drawings on it.

Great job on all of those bows.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1195 on: May 22, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
Great looking bow, Lane! All these beautiful bows! Its intimidating to think that ******** will have to settle with something from me. LOL!
Gorgeous bows, guys.
  :clapper:   Stan

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1196 on: May 22, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
i had a chance to work on it. i havent been having as many pipes , so i havent been doing a whole lot on the bow. im down almost to 2+rings above my target , gotta work on a couple knots/knees areas...

anyone know somewhere to get gooseneck scrapers? ouldnt i just make a couple arches on the scraper i have?

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1197 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:00 PM »
I guess I could come help ya scrape hova... don't know what's so amazing with my neck though.   :biglaugh:
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1198 on: May 22, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
Oh, the humor on here!!    :smileystooges:   (bald guy in the middle is me!)

Spent about 6 hours rasping on my trade bow today. Worked it close to final profile, squared up the handle area, and used a medium grit sandpaper to smooth up everything.
Its a hickory backed osage board bow. Need to reduce limb thickness to bring down weight to the desired poundage for ******.
I'm learning quite a bit while working on this bow. So far everything has been done with hand tools. Farrier rasp, 4 way rasp, fine file, knife, and sweat!
Deliberating on weither I should cut in an arrow shelf or not. What do you think, ******? Any preference?   :bigsmyl:  
Stan

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1199 on: May 22, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
** **********, ****** *** ** ****!

I like typin that way, easy with only one finger even!  :bigsmyl:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement