Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51904 times)

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1220 on: May 25, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
Keenan,
You know we like teaser PICS.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1221 on: May 25, 2011, 11:34:00 PM »
Kelly I got to see Keenans bow he's building and it is gonna be SWEEEEET! Good thing I can keep a secret LOL
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1222 on: May 26, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
Keenan, I'll just PM you my address if it will save you some time looking it up.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1223 on: May 26, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1224 on: May 27, 2011, 01:22:00 AM »
finally got mine shipped out today eta saturday.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1225 on: May 27, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
Keenan, I am moving this weekend, but just in case, I sent Kelly my new address to forward on to you.   :D  

With a move happening this weekend, I got busy last Sunday and put the finish on some of the bows I built during last winter's bow building season.  This is my takedown spray booth; it assembles with eight screws and works great.  

One of the bows will be my trade bow.

The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1226 on: May 27, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »
Very nice bows and spray booth Walt. You have more pictures of it and a little advice on how ya made it?

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1227 on: May 27, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
hey dvs david how d you guys come thru those tornados  stevie tell me it went outside marshall but was headed to springfield  up date us   finnaly done with work got my swap bows about half done brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1228 on: May 27, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
brock_ I made it out with just a little hail damage. Mojam site should be fine, maybe a limb or two here or there.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1229 on: May 27, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »
Dvs I marked you as shipped

Walt SM sent to ****** with your new address. And I know *********** would be proud to own any of them bows.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1230 on: May 27, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Walt - That looks like a bow-greenhouse and they just magically grow in there.  You can send me any one of those beauties   ;)  

Seriously though - excellent work and great idea for the spray booth.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1231 on: May 27, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
All I can saw is Wow Walt! I love those smoke grey ones with the finger grooves wrapped around the riser, that's awesome. They all look magnificent though, if a guy could chose only one it would probably have to be a number drawn out of a hat? Cause they are all winners.   :thumbsup:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1232 on: May 27, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
Roy, I got tired of dust specks and little insects getting on my finished bows while they were drying, and ended up cleaning the mechanical room good enough to allow a dust free finish.  However, there was not enough space or airflow to use it for spraying.  This booth solved most of problems but I need to build a dust proof area to hang other bows while spraying to prevent any chance of over spray.

I haven’t taken many other pictures but it is a simple design.  It has four walls and a roof made of 1x2”s lap jointed for stability.  The roof and two corners are hinged so for easy assembly.  It is wrapped with thin painter plastic, which is taped onto the frame with either making or duct tape, for easy replacement.  The plastic gets holes but the masking tape easily repairs them.  Changing the plastic takes about ten minutes.  The framing holds standard air filters at both ends, which you can buy at any hardware store (as you can see mine needs cleaning/replacing).  I already had a box fan with a spark proof motor from some previous building projects that sits on a bench next to the filter to create airflow.  I put a painter tarp on the floor then erect the booth on it.  The dimensions are 4’ x 8’ and 7’ tall.  I had all the materials lying around after building my house except the air filters and hinges.  The most expensive item would be the fan if you had to buy all the materials.

If I build another one it will be 8’x8’ so there is enough room to spray larger pieces of furniture and plastic off an area for several bows without worrying about the over spray.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1233 on: May 27, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
Walt if you drew my name I sure am a sucker for copperheads!   :bigsmyl:

Goodlooking sticks but that copperhead skinned bow is the best looking for sure. I think a guy could wrap a turd in copperheads skins and make it look good.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1234 on: May 28, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
Wow Walt those all look like dandies. I m not moving but can send you my adress anyway  :bigsmyl:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1235 on: May 29, 2011, 03:08:00 AM »
Just got back from a 4 day bear trip in Prince William Sound with several boy scouts (got one nice black bear and a bunch of shrimp...!).  Time to get serious about the tillering I guess!  :)

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1236 on: May 29, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
Walt you are a craftsman for sure..

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1237 on: May 29, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »
Walt, those are some awesome looking bows. Great job !

----------
Andy

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1238 on: May 29, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
Some fine looking bows getting made on here! I guess if I'm gonna get lucky and find a bow in the mail one day, I'll have to get busy on my end.

Finally got around to making some shavings today. This nice dry stave turned out to have lots of red color and not just a streak, but all through. Ring chase, lay out, band saw, sander to close dimensions and then onto a cull for the night. More soon...

Online WestTexan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1239 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
I got to shoot mine a bit today...Hackberry 64" NTN and has some zip to it. I shot 20 shots through it today and it shoots better than the last HBH I built and is a bit faster I think.

This is right after I unstrung it after about 45 min. of messin with it.

The shelf isn't cut in it's built up with leather.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©