Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51917 times)

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1580 on: June 25, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
Great looking bows everyone. This thread is going to get very busy in the next few weeks.  :bigsmyl:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1581 on: June 25, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
Just  got a call from the store saying there is a long tube waiting for me, i can hardly wait to get there. Will post more tonight or tomorrow morning.

Time to make the drive in and see what i got   :bigsmyl:
It's a great day to be alive !!

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1582 on: June 25, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
Very nice bow Andy.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1583 on: June 25, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
kelly i got mine all done i cant get this thing to post pic s when girl friend gets here ill try again put about 200 arrows thru it  it s a charchetr osage flat bow just finishing up the leather lace i think ****** gonna like it but after shootin it in and all seems im about 5 # under the wt i wanted  shippin it out monday am brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1584 on: June 25, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
Nice outfit there Andy, groups look tight!
I love that riser too, the bottom part of the grip looks like two big spooky eyes lookin at me. That's cool.   :thumbsup:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1585 on: June 25, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
Nice bow Andy,
Diamondback59 You know **** is going to love it. Marked you as shipping on Monday let me know if that falls through.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1586 on: June 25, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Nice bow, Andy.
There's another 4 * name.
  :biglaugh:  
Stan

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1587 on: June 25, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »
Kelly...   Looking at the track from the stands through my binoculars, it appears the field is bunching up at the far turn!    How many finished bows are accounted for, i.e. they're finished and being shipped, been shipped or have arrived?      How many left?  Still can't believe the size of this effort, but it seems to be coming together.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1588 on: June 25, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
Dick Ol' Kelly got his handsful for sure. Last year We had 42 bows and I thought that was a handful, LOL

Kelly jumped in to help me out this year and I tell you I don't think he realizes how much help it was. Next year Me and Kelly will have to split the list cause I know he's getting in and will be building and I can't leave him with all the work.

Hats off to you Kelly!
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1589 on: June 25, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
definitely getting exciting! I keep waiting and watching the mail. So far only bills and junk. I was iin two swaps this year and am waiting on two bows, plus my neighbor chris was in on this swap so I'm waiting to shoot his two. This is w hy I signed up. I love this part. One day you walk in the door and whammy! There's a new bow just for you from a fellow bowyer. Someone who shares a common bond and hobby. You get to see there style and craftmanship. How they do things. Very cool.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline GREG IN MALAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1590 on: June 26, 2011, 02:06:00 AM »
Watching and waiting for the long shipping tube is the exciting part. I have already shipped and received my bow so all I can do is watch the fine looking bows being built, and wait for next years swap.
I didnt miss, thats right where I was aiming

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1591 on: June 26, 2011, 02:09:00 AM »
Funny you should ask Dick, I was just color coding my spreadsheet. Green for confirmed  And yellow for shipped not received and just white for all others.

So I got 4 bows shipped (one of those should have made it already, 24 confirmed received and at least 2 bow done the bowyer just shooting it in a little.

Oh this is not all that bad, the hardest part was the adding all the names, drawing and sending out the info. Now I just sit back and watch for completed bows, sent and receive. Heck I keep the spread sheet open so when I hop on here and get a PM, or see on in the thread being shipped I just add those dates.

But yes Dick I think they is a mad dash in the shops this weekend.
 :)

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1592 on: June 26, 2011, 03:53:00 AM »
man Kelly your alot more organized than I was last year. I had four or five note book sheets with notes and scribbles and everything in between.

Lost my my notepad once and panicked but it turned up. LOL
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1593 on: June 26, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
Kelly and Kriss, you guys are doing a jam up job with the TG Bow Trade...but so are all the participants!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ranger44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1594 on: June 26, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
I've been trying to make a good R/D all wood bow.  I made a light weight one(around 30 pounds) that my step son is shooting.  I like it too!  I've learned a few things by screwing up a couple and I'm hoping the one I have glued up now will get finished this week and be acceptable.

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1595 on: June 26, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Hi Gang, I recieved a great looking bbo from ?? All i have is his name and not his screen name. Maybe you can help me out Kelly or Kris ? It's 62" 45@28 just got done shooting it and man it is smooth and shoot fast !!

Pics to come

Offline Johan van Niekerk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1596 on: June 26, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Just waiting for the paint to dry....

Oh....and then I have to make up a new string. Tick tock tick tock  :D

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1597 on: June 26, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
You know, I think I like this exceptional trade (kudos to Kris and Kelly)    :thumbsup:   because I get to see so many new bowyers test their wings, a bit.  When I used to run I loved getting stuck in a heat with the fastest feet because I always ran with better form an put up better times.  This venture seems similar.  

Congratulations to all who have successfully completed their bows, and best wishes to those still working.  There's so many factors that can keep a guy/gal from finishing on time, and most are much more important than a bow.  Keep that in mind and enjoy the process. Lastly, if you drew my name, don't worry about a thing.  I'm easy to please and am excited to see whatever your honest efforts produce, even if its a yardstick with a kite string attached.  :)   It's a journey, not a destination.

Regards,

Curt
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1598 on: June 26, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
Here's my swap bow ready to ship to .....

Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1599 on: June 26, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Great lookking bow John ! Someone is going to be very happy !!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©