Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51667 times)

Offline Bradford

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1680 on: July 01, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
And yes, I am working on my bow.  Unfortunately, it was a very long and cold winter and my fingers froze up.  I have posted before I have severe arthritis.. which I can usually keep in check, but when it stays as cold as it did this year, I just could not get out to work on anything.

We even got snow the first week of June!  Unreal.  But now 4 weeks later, we are in the 100's!  Loving it and the fingers are starting to cooperate with me.

So out to the shed and this is what I got so far:

Got my riser glued up and ready for form.. cut and grind ed my lams.. and got the fiberglass in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  So patience boys... I will most likely need to use a part of that "grace" period you posted.  But will get it done!  Hope to have it in the form this week!
God gave you hands, use them

Offline Mark Smeltzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1681 on: July 01, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
Mark me as received. I got my bow in the mail yesterday from Brock Johnson (Diamondback59. It's a very nice Osage selfbow. I will post pictures when I get a little more time.
Thanks Brock.

Mark

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1682 on: July 01, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
:notworthy:  Some beautiful bows, folks!
Fish, those are definitely some sharp nocks and the walnut looks great with the red oak.
I agree with Osage Tree, it would be special to receive a bow from South Afric or Switzerland.
Beautiful bows.
  :archer2:  
Stan

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1683 on: July 02, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »
Wow 30 bows received, 8 in the mail. So we have 53 bowyer waiting on bows and you have a 15% chance that one of theses 8 are yours.
soopernate and waldo got you as shipped. Man the bows are coming and going. I think this swap might save the US post office  :)  All the bows are look great. I order of cant waits

1) TO BE HOME WITH THE WIFE AND KIDS
2) hunting deer
3) Christmas (I am a big kid)
4) 2012 bowswap  :)
the first one is miles ahead though

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1684 on: July 02, 2011, 03:03:00 AM »
hiya kelly.
mine is packaged, and is shipping out tomorrow.
our national postal strike is over- so all should go smoothly.
thanks
wayne

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1685 on: July 02, 2011, 03:50:00 AM »
Got my bow bending to about 8" tonight and did a little string alignment.

Back at her tomorrow.

Bradford, That riser is awesome! I bet the finished bow is gonna be real sweet.

Fish, Those nocks are great! You have some serious skill for detail bud. How about a pic of the back side of them.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1686 on: July 02, 2011, 04:27:00 AM »
Got you as shipped now Fujimo so that puts us at 9 in the mail an all time high for bows being shipped. I think I may get a little higher.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1687 on: July 02, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by KellyG:
I think this swap might save the US post office   :)  
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1688 on: July 02, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
i sure wish my recipient recieved the bow i sent. im beside myself with anticipation that he recieved my package of goodies   :pray:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1689 on: July 02, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
Mine is officially gone...just mailed it insured about an hour ago.  Not sure if it was already counted or not.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1690 on: July 02, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
yep it was Soopernate  :)  I know I jump the gun a little.

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1691 on: July 02, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
Got my bow a little bit ago!! Thanks scrub buck!! always wanted a self bow and will get pics. before long got to go shoot it now!!!!

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1692 on: July 02, 2011, 06:15:00 PM »
Congratulations Hootsbow shot her in the give us some I candy.

Offline longbowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1693 on: July 02, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Kelly, I think you have already got me marked as shipped but my trade bow is in the mail. Should be there by the end of the week.

Thanks David

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1694 on: July 02, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
Hunting Javelina with a Swap Bow…

Gosh, I hope this works.   All of the equipment is completely untried, but I wanted to share this experience.   I’ve never recorded a hunt before.  I’m using my Imagineer camera and the new Pretend 300 digital flash drive with unlimited recording time.  If your equipment won’t get the picture, try adjusting the amount of whiskey in your glass.

My Trad Gang swap bow arrived just as I was leaving to catch an Imagination Airlines flight to Texas for some javie huntin’.   I barely had time to open it up, string it and grab a dozen arrows with a spine I thought might work.  

Bow in hand, I then headed around the house to the airport.   I had no problems getting on my flight, even carrying the bow, which I propped between me and the PETA representative who had gotten the seat next to me.   Made for some interesting conversation.

Anyway, got to Texas and my rancher friend said there was lots of good stump shootin’ in the back 40,000 acres and by the way, the javies had become such a pestilence that he had an open permit for unlimited control hunting, so if I ran into any, have at ‘em!   And don’t worry, there’s no bow weight limit in Texas!

I shot around a bit, picking off mesquite stumps, sticks and what have you. The bow shot real nice… smooth pull and a perfect weight for my bad shoulder.  I think I could shoot this one all day.   It’s one of those snaky selfbows, which I’ve always wondered about but have never shot.  The 1416 arrows I grabbed worked great, though I lost one tip when it stuck in a hard dried mesquite branch.

I was thinking of heading back to the ranch house for a break when I heard some shuffling and snuffling in a mesquite clump just off to the side of one of the water tanks.   I decided to do a stalk and see what was up.

(Soft whisper)   Man I never knew it could take so long to cover 50 yards of sagebrush and mesquite, but I’m tucked in behind the edge of the tank.   Time to slowly look out and see what’s going on….   Oh, my gosh!  That’s gotta be the largest bunch of javies I’ve ever seen!  Whoa!   One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven…   Eleven of ‘em!   That’s exactly how many arrows I’ve got, given one of my dozen has no tip.   They’re about 15 yards out.  That’s my maximum distance for shooting at javies.  Wonder how many of ‘em I can get.   If they mill around instead of running right off, I might get lucky and get several….

(Still whispering... real soft...)  Real slow and easy now… nock, draw, release…   Wow!  What a quiet bow!   And it’s a solid hit.   Quick but  steady now… nock, draw, release… and another one is down!   Keep going, Dick…   and again… and again…

(Normal voice)   Well, that’s just unbelievable!   I got ‘em all!   That’s gotta be a whole new kind of grand slam in javies!   Boy, is my rancher friend gonna be pleased.   We’ll have a lot of work to do dressing them out, though.   What an experience.

The new Trad Gang Swap Bow by John Scifres is really, really nice and got a wonderful break in.   John, you done real good, man, and I surely do thank you.  This will be one unique bow on my rack.

Here are some pix:

Now this was the tough deal, propping all those javies up so I could take a shot of each one individually and superimpose them to provide this shot of what the group would be like....    :)  

And, Kelly, in case you missed it, you can mark John's bow as received by me       :goldtooth:
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1695 on: July 02, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
:clapper:
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1696 on: July 02, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Nice bow and great shootin'! Imaginary javie for breakfast lunch and dinner.

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1697 on: July 02, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Yeah... it's really good with my special Dream Sauce!
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1698 on: July 02, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Nothing better than Havie Patties with dream Sauce.  :campfire:    :coffee:    :archer2:
"Never to old to learn something new"

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1699 on: July 02, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
Good job Dick I truly enjoy your stories, you have a real gift for it.  That is a sweet bow and good shooting my friend.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©