Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51621 times)

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1740 on: July 05, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Almost finished. I've been putting in too much time on remodeling the house the bow got put to the side. Here she is. Osage. 66". XX pounds @ XX inches. A big KS bullsnake dresses the limbs. My old Justin boots make up the handle/floppy rest. I've got to thread wrap where the snake skins ends, sign it and out the door. Hopefully this week but more than likely next.

Tip

Lower limb

Handle

Hope my reciever likes it!
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1741 on: July 05, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
Man thats awsum Tyler!Beautiful work!

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1742 on: July 05, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
Some great looking bows everyone. Kind of neat watching everyones progress.
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1743 on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »
Meet Bonhomie.  Was the word of the day a month or so ago, and seemed like the perfect bow name for the idea behind the swap.

I'm really happy with how she turned out.  Things I would differently of course, but she shoots fast, hard, smooth, quiet, etc, etc.  I'm sad to see her ship, but I think I might build myself one just the same.

Kelly, I guess you can mark me as shipped.  Label printed and attached, will be dropped at the PO tomorrow morning.  Thanks to you and Stiks as this has been an absolute blast.  (Even if I did skip the first 3-4 months....)
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline eman614

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1744 on: July 05, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
there are some dang nice bows being posted. i'd love to give any of them a home. good job everyone!

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1745 on: July 06, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »
She dead....

This is my FIFTH attempt for the same person. I can't make heads or tails of it, but I'm going to be a little late on mine now Kelly. I will be sending you a pm in a bit.

Shortly after this snapped, I took a SWEET 25 yard shot through a couple of trees that offered a 3 foot window at 15 yards, and totally pegged the honey hole. As I was feeling all proud of myself, I saw my foam target rock back from nearly 800 grains of arrow thud, then forward. Too bad that target was sitting on top of another one. I would still have a nice cherry arrow, instead of 3 pieces that USED to be an arrow.

:knothead:

After that, my wife looked me dead in the eye and said with the straightest face "Ok, you've broken enough for today, you're coming inside."  

I'm still shaking my head...

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1746 on: July 06, 2011, 12:56:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about the break Fish....she was a beauty for sure.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1747 on: July 06, 2011, 03:05:00 AM »
Fish I think me and you are on about the same streak Bud. I have built 4 and I am on my fifth also.

Hang in there bud and don't do what I usually do and rush and end up makeing another bad move.

But on the bright side look at all we have learned and can chock up to experience now, If we ain't breaking we ain't making. Another thing about my first few is there will be some happy kids around shooting stick bows.

I think mine will be ready to start bending again by friday. I weighed it tonight and if it ain't losing anymore thursday and holds the same weight friday. I'll finish her up this weekend.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1748 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:00 AM »
Balding, CB nice bows gents.
Fish tough break, at least cut the knocks off and try reusing them. I got you I will send out pms to those whos bows are not being shipped.
I know of a few of you, and it is only a few that I know of. Sticks, B, and Fish off the top of my head. If you know you are not going to make it on the 9th let me know, that way I can let you bowyer know their bow is still being worked on.

Offline Bradford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1749 on: July 06, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Kelly.. mine won't be shipping by the ninth.  I got it in the oven yesterday.  So now on to taping, marking and shaping.  I will probably have it done next week.
God gave you hands, use them

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1750 on: July 06, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
im going to be a little past deadline as well. i got the stave down a lot the other day , but one limb has a lot of belly knots , so i cant really get a good rhythm going. not to mention my clamp on the dresser setup is less than idea for holding a slippery smooth osage stave...

it sure is gorgeous though , i pray it bends very nicely and gives me no  problems.

sorry to hear bout you guys breakin em. sending some mojo out into the ether for you guys' work...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Johan van Niekerk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1751 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
I've seen bows this year that really makes me GREEN with envy !

Wow! And too think most people are doing this for someone they've never met and probably never will meet...and are not being paid.. This whole trade thing gives me new hope for humanity  :)
I think every bow here is simply a triumph over all the bad crap in the world!
Go tradgang!  :D

Offline eman614

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1752 on: July 06, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
i like the way you think Johan.

as for my bow, it is ready to go i just got to get it to the post office.

good luck to everyone that still has work to do.

eric

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1753 on: July 06, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Fish -  

I think we were all hoping that fix would hold, it was an awesome looking bow.  But to lose a nice cherry arrow on the same day makes it tougher.  Your wife sounds like a logical person, you're a lucky guy.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1754 on: July 06, 2011, 03:28:00 PM »
nice lookin bow, canopy- i really like the boo belly and back- i will certianally be building one of those in the very near future. how did you do the colouring around the nodes?
how well does boo resist the compression on the belly.
how did you get it to come in close to your required draw weight- i assume you had to pre tiller the boo befor glueing up.
sorry---sooo many questions.
wayne

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1755 on: July 06, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Originally posted by canopyboy:
Fish -  

I think we were all hoping that fix would hold, it was an awesome looking bow.  But to lose a nice cherry arrow on the same day makes it tougher.  Your wife sounds like a logical person, you're a lucky guy.
Thanks canopy. I tell ya, the support from my friends and mentors here is immense, but the Mrs. deserves much credit too. She certainly brings balance to the force.

I'm over the bow breaking on me. I've had time to breathe, Kelly told me some almost funny jokes, and i'm anxious to get back to work.

The great part about this next try will be that I told my 12 y.o. son Jordan he's making one with me after I finished the last one. Well, he's on deck, and is pretty excited to boot.

Let the shavings fly!

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1756 on: July 06, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
and see fish you and he can sign the bow, hmmm god's will indeed.  ;)

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1757 on: July 06, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
I'm close to being finished, got behind with all the  stuff that's going on around here, if you have kids that like sports you know what I'm talking about. Anyway I hope to send it on a long ride by Friday, oh wait baseball tonight and tomorrow night, some musky fishing on Fri and a trip to watch the Brewers Sat. and Sun. I got lots of time to get this taken care of. By the way, nice work guys and gals. I'll see if I can get some pics up later.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1758 on: July 06, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
OK- so I got a tube in the mail today.

Inside was a beauty from ********  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1759 on: July 06, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
i have to say, i havent posted much on this thread, but there were alot of nice bows made and passed on to their recipients. im in awe of every bowyers craftsmanship.there are a few stand outs from the crowd, i think y'all already know who you are. a big thanks to stick-n- strings for providing me with a stave, and some other materials along with it. i also appreciate mr pat and sticks big time for their extencive knowledge and the willingness to pass it on. semo hunter you are not forgotten you instruction in the spoke shave will always be treasured . kelly g, i salute you big time your coordanation efforts while abroad is above and beyond the call of any mans duty. fish, we are forever tied together because you hold one of mine its my first bowchild, and may you make her a killer. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©