Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51619 times)

Offline Chisler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1760 on: July 06, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
I received a tube in the mail yesterday.  A beautiful osage self bow from Soopernate!  Antler nocks and a nice leather handle.  I strung it up and it's beautiful.  Won't be able to shoot it until tomorrow, but it feels great and looks like it is tillered perfectly.
THANKS SOOPERNATE!  I'll post some pics next week.

The bow I am building will be in the mail next week.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1761 on: July 06, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
Sorry to hear your news, fish. Keep on working, bud, it'll come together for you!

Canopyboy, I certainly like the looks of the 'boo on the back and belly. Nice job.

Johann, I can relate to your sentiments. This is a phenominal group of people. When I talk about what this bow swap is about most people can't believe it. I'm afraid they think I may be either stretching the truth, or simply crazy!

This has been a tremendous experience without even leaving home!
  :thumbsup:

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1762 on: July 06, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
got my bow from waldo. I can't shoot it anymore because of an injury to my shoulder, but I'll think of something.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1763 on: July 06, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
Kenny and Chisler updated you to received. Thanks for the kind words ruddy but it is my pleasure give me something fun to do.

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1764 on: July 06, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
really nice looking bows guys! tick tock- tick tock- work in progress here- got 3 in the works.  I joined cuz I wanted to try something new and push myself - i THINK its gonna work out- tick tock tick tock - -gonna be close on my ship date, I will let you know kelly-  seriously  GREAT JOB TO ALL. totally impressed with all the bows
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1765 on: July 07, 2011, 12:00:00 AM »
DVs got you too, I pray for a speedy recovery so you can shoot them bows again.

Offline WestTexan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1766 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:00 AM »
Dang another bunch of killer bows...Fish that's a tough one and what a looker..dang.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1767 on: July 07, 2011, 02:36:00 AM »
Glad to see this all coming together nicely. Kelly has done a fantastic Job!    :clapper:    :clapper:

All the Bowyers have done a fantastic job too. It's been a great experience to hear about everybody's misfortunes and what was learned from them. I myself have gained alot of tillering experience from building 5 bows and four of them being under weight. Also learned not to skimp on your first bow scale if your serious about building bows.

Lots more to come yet and it's gonna be great I'm sure
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1768 on: July 07, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Stiks-n-Strings:

All the Bowyers have done a fantastic job too. It's been a great experience to hear about everybody's misfortunes and what was learned from them. I myself have gained alot of tillering experience from building 5 bows and four of them being under weight. Also learned not to skimp on your first bow scale if your serious about building bows.

I'm with ya Stiks....  I have two sitting on the shelf from this swap attempt that need to be finished up and will be given to the local archery shop for kids bows since they came in under weight.  Even my final attempt that was shipped still ended up about 5# under but I shipped it anyway    :banghead:   Not sure why I had such a hard time with this one    :dunno:   My last swap bow was a 70# Jatoba which was like tillering a 2x4 but it made weight on the first try.

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1769 on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Ok, I guess it's time to quit fondling this bow and get it out the door. This one took several times to tiller in because it kept picking up weight from the sinew. But I think I got it dialed in at last. She is sinew/snake backed Juniper and has Gemsbuck horn tips. She is a 58" ambush style hunting bow with a very slight bend through the handle tiller, to be able to reach the draw of her new owner. I hope ya like her.In the mail Today Kelly

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1770 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:00 AM »
Canopy Boy- Great save and that's a new look that I haven't seen before and I'm really likin it!
Looks real sharp man!   :thumbsup:  

Balding Kansan- Awesome looking stick bro! Somebody is gonna be real proud when they get that one. I love that bullsnake skin, those are pretty........gotta get me a couple of them!

Keenan- Make sure you get my address correct. Love the skins on these bows, awesome job to all of ya!

Fish- I don't know what to say buddy? I hate it for ya, but don't let it get ya down. Keep pluggin away at it and it will all come together.
I know that nothing anybody can say will make it any better, but just hang in there.
Sometimes your the baby and sometimes your the diaper.    :banghead:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1771 on: July 07, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Mine was shipped last week.  It should be arriving to its new owner any day now.
AKA Osage Outlaw

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1772 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
That is a work of art Keenan.   :clapper:

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1773 on: July 07, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
Awesome job guys ! That's the best part of the swap, to see how all those fantastic bows come together and in the end everybody is happy.

@Kenny: I'm glad you like her. I really appreciate your words, knowing that they come from somebody with such a great reputation.
----------
Andy

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1774 on: July 07, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Keenan, my heart sank when I saw the lefty shelf... maybe next year. Another beauty of form and function with your juniper and sinew. Lovely detail on the skins and tips.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1775 on: July 07, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Sure are some nice lookin bows showing up, it seems like you all saved the best for the end.

Johan, I agree wholeheartedly with your comments.  To see everyone putting this kind of workmanship into these works of art and then send them off to total strangers for the most part, is just amazing.  Makes me proud to be a member for sure....Dan

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1776 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »
Keenan - WOW WOW WOW and WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!

That is one sick piece of art.

WOW. Somebody is going to crap themselves when that thing slithers out the tube.

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1777 on: July 07, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Unbelievable work of art Keenan...what a lucky recipient that will be!

Offline vanillabear?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1778 on: July 07, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Well, I just came home from my daily dog walk to find a fed-ex slip on my door. I'm not expecting any packages so I've got a sneaking suspicion that I just might be the proud new owner of bow that someone has made for me. Fed ex slip says he was here at 12:06 and I got home about 12:10....RATS! Dang dog should of walked a little faster! Slip says I can pick it up after 8:00 tonight and that they are open until 8:30. Gonna try hard to see if I can make it by tonight to see what I got, otherwise I may not get any sleep. No clues at all on the fed ex slip to indicate who it might have come from, so I guess I'll be in suspense for a while. I'll keep y'all updated.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1779 on: July 07, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
Keenan I Think your recipient is gonna be overwhelmed! I look forward to seeing his post when that beauty shows up.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©