Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51597 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1840 on: July 09, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Thanks very much guys.
Yep it will be headed north on Monday Kelly.

Art- I can only eat 1 backstrap and 1 limit of bass in a single sitting, but I can eat my weight in fried turkey breast and fresh wild morels.   :goldtooth:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline UnderControl16

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1841 on: July 09, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
My bow was shipped yesterday to *****. They said it would arrive in two to three days to i'm guessing tuesday they'll get it tuesday. Didn't get to take any pics before i sent it so hopefully **** can do that for me.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1842 on: July 09, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
HEY, Stiks and Kelly! Where's the heads-up?  I was sittin' here finishing a diet coke and there was a knopck on the door...
  :confused:

A different mail carrier than we usually had was standing there with a "short" slinder tube of pvc pipe!!!  :knothead:   (Sorry, Stiks there are no flipping chicken graemlins so I'll hafta make do.)

Folks the address was from Bend, OR. from one Mr. Keenan Howard!!! Lord, have mercy on me today. Amen.

It is a skin-backed juniper ambush bow. 50# at 26" and 58" in length.    :notworthy:

Keenan, Stiks was absolutely correct. I cannot put enough gratitude, appreciation, and awe into a simple post. This bow is unbelievable. I ran a dozen arras through it before going to work this afternoon and the zip was incredible!
I'll take a little while to get used to this beautiful piece of art, but I can asure you this will harvest a deer in the not to distant future.

I took the bow to work to show a couple of co-workers and a few regular patrons (I work part- time at the county library) and they were all blown away.

Later I will  post pics so everyone can share a little with me.

Thank you so much, Keenan! This is a trully spectacular and beautiful weapon!

:goldtooth:  
Stan

ps Gotta go shoot some more now!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1843 on: July 09, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
It couldn't have happened to a nicer fella Stan, congrats on a sweet bow. Hope you get a freezer full of backstraps this fall with it.   :thumbsup:

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1844 on: July 09, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
You just made my day Stan. I had so much fun building that one for you. It was a slow process with the sinew curing and then the skins, but I smiled evrytime I saw one of your post. I'm glad you like it. Several people got to see it in the halfway stage at the Classic.
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1845 on: July 09, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
Red, you lucky dog! I got to see this bow early on at the Classic but she was nowhere what she is in your hands. I know keenan's work and finish so I can only imagine how sweet she really is and how sweet she shoots.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1846 on: July 09, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1847 on: July 09, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »

Santa came to my house this morning!!

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1848 on: July 09, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »

Good thing my wife is NOT afraid of snakes!!  :eek:  

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1850 on: July 10, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »

THANKS AGAIN, KENNAN!!!!!  :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1851 on: July 10, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »
Right on Stan! I been waiting for the postman to get to your house more than I been waiting on him to get to my house.

When I sent you the PM about the draw weight I wanted to tell you so bad I couldn't hardly stand it.

Looks good in your hands for sure. Enjoy!
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1852 on: July 10, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »
Right on Stan, nice pics and great looking group. Great to be able to out a face to the dift as well. I pray it serves you well on your future hunts.  Keenan
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1853 on: July 10, 2011, 03:48:00 AM »
Red hill I will mark you as received.
Ok here is lit of you who bowyers are running late, So if you see you name you bow has not been shipped yet, your bowyer is working on it.
Inuumarue, NTD, Dave bowers, Semo, Scottm, Ranger44, Sambo02, Soopernate, John Lipinski, Dmaxshawn. Your bowyers have contacted me or stiks and told us they are shipping late. They all have been working hard but the bow woods are not being so kind.

It is important for folks to let me know if you get your bow. we are looking really good right now.
43 bows received, Not to include the one broken during shipment. 10 bows are shipped or will be by monday. 10 that are shipping late.
the other 20 of you need to please let me know if you have shipped, or are shipping late, and if you have sorry just send me a reminder.
Thanks,
Kelly

43 wonderful bows already received that is as many that was in last years swap total or close I believe. WOW
Daydreaming of next years swap.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1854 on: July 10, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
great job everyone.

thanks for the update kel. i cant wait to see your entry next year. i think it will be a commemorative first edition type of thing.

gonna get out there and work on my piece a bit while the wife is sleeping in.

life is good
hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1855 on: July 10, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
Thanks for staying on top of everything Kelly, I sure appreciate your hard work. I don't care if my bowyer needs more time, life happens. I'd rather him/her take a few extra days and get it right rather than hurry through it. It's too dang hot to get outside and do much shootin anyway!   :cool:

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1856 on: July 10, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
I can't express how much I admire you folks....  the whole thing the spirit, attitude, generosity, helpfulness not to mention talent is quite frankly over the top ....

Congrats to all of you !!!!!!!
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1857 on: July 10, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
just spent a couple hours (however long since last post...lol) outside working on the stick. shes FINALLY bending a little tiny bit. i am going to pick up some 16d nails , and a couple 2x4's , and im making a proper hanger/pulley etc. this stuff is gorgeous wood ... just hope im removing the right "not bow" wood...

scraper time...yay...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Johan van Niekerk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1858 on: July 10, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
WoW!Red, that is a seriously beautiful bow you received there  :)

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1859 on: July 10, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
Great looking pictures Red.  You did Keenan right and the bow looks awesome.  Hoping my bow gets here before Wednesday so I can take it to MOJAM or if the builder is going to MOJAM they could just bring it there to save on shipping    :readit:
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©