Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51504 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #1920 on: July 12, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
Now your talking Kris, that sounds like a great option. I've become a huge fan of boo backed anything, and if it were headed to my door that's the one I would have chose also.  :thumbsup:  

I knew Pat was just giving you a hard time, but I have wondered why I put myself through this torture sometimes. Then when you make a smooth and sweet little rocket launcher that hits right where your looking all the bad experiences just melt away and your sucked right back in again.
Buying a bow was never an option for me and I would honestly rather shoot one that I made myself because it's all mine.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1921 on: July 12, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
Im pretty sure that I am in trouble....  I made a real smart decision tonite.  My beautiful wife is at a work function so I decide to apply some tru oil inside (skeeters are terrible)  I lay down some newspaper and set up the bow.  Everything goes fine for a while--- then the unthinkable-- I must have bumped something and the bow tips over, which in turn tips over the open bottle of tru oil all over the BRAND NEW CARPET!!!!!!  #@*$!@$#$#@%$%#$%^*- thats code for whoops.

so its been nice knowing you guys- i think this bird is cooked!!!!
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1922 on: July 12, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
eagleone - sorry for your accident and the carpet.  Just send that bow to it's recipient as it is right now before your wife breaks it over your head.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1923 on: July 12, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Uh oh..........nice knowing ya cause that ain't coming out!   :scared:  

Just a thought that might save your arse, maybe you could put something over top of it to hide the spot, then when she's gone cut a square around the spot and remove that whole square of carpet. Then cut a square out of a good piece and tack it down in it's place.

Might work? That's about the only way I would know how to repair it without taking up the whole room and replacing it and I don't know of anything that would get that stuff out of the carpet.   :dunno:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1924 on: July 12, 2011, 10:00:00 PM »
Eagleone, maybe a case of tru oil will make the rest of the carpet match?  Huh? What'cha think?

Stiks and Fish, no one believes the attitude and fellowship on this site. I tell the stories and show the posts and they look at me as if they can't believe people are actually like you guys.

Keep up the work, fellas, I'm following this in between working and shooting my new trade bow! (Keenan, you're getting a fan base down here in Ark! Everyone is envious of my new skins!)
  :archer2:

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1925 on: July 12, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
Eagleone....my buddy owns a carpet cleaning business and does great work.  I was watching them do some spot removal on our carpet once and happened to snag their spot remover can to see what it was.....carburetor cleaner!  He told me to keep the secret and said they don't tell people because the homeowners usually get in trouble when they try to use it themselves because their vacuum isn't powerful enough to get it all up or they leave it on the spot too long and it starts to eat the fibers.  

Just sayin'....might be better than an early death.   :)

Offline scrub-buster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1926 on: July 12, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Your done for.  I got a couple of tiny specks of super glue on our new counter tops from fletching some arrows one time and the wife was not happy.  It has been 4 months ago and I still here about it.  You need to gather up all of your bow building equipment and supplies and get out of there before she comes home.   GO NOW!!!
AKA Osage Outlaw

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1927 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
Don't know how your credit is, but a possible escape is to hide the spot for the moment... jacket on the floor, spread out a tarp like you thought of it in advance, or whatever.   Keep lights low...   Then when she comes home, "You know, honey, I was noticing tonight, this room would benefit from some redecoration...   You're such a great wife, why don't you do whatever you'd like with it?"      Let's see...  Death or a Huge Bill?   eeney, meeney......
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1928 on: July 12, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Thanks for the support gents-  didnt leave a spot but clean all i want its still sticky-  
i feel like a big arse!!!!!!!

for those who know....

"when cameron was in egypts land--- let my cameron go...."

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1929 on: July 12, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
eagleone, contact the Tru-Oil folks and see if they have any suggestions. That's how I found out that TiteBond glues will release at 150deg(F) when I needed to remove a hickory backing.
  Years ago my wife nocked over a bottle of black oil paint on our Asian carpet. It didn't come out and was BLACK! In life, stuff happens!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1930 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
Denatured alcohol cleans up tru oil really well, I won't admit to why I know that   :dunno:
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1931 on: July 12, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
Thanks again guys- good idea Pat and Walt.  Shes a good gal- I just feel like crap about it, did everything rite - ALMOST. How many times does that happen in the woods, shoulda known better-

Offline GREG IN MALAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1932 on: July 12, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
I believe mineral spirits will dissolve tru-oil.
I didnt miss, thats right where I was aiming

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1933 on: July 13, 2011, 04:19:00 AM »
:laughing:
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1934 on: July 13, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
This site is absolutely incredible with the hearts of so many people willing to help each other.  
 Eagle, Thanks for helping me to not feel alone in some of my mishaps   :bigsmyl:  
Redhill; that warms my heart and inspires me to start in on next years trade bow soon.

Kris, I feel for ya Bro. Sounds like your on the right track to get her dialed in. Pushing the extream edge and working toward the ultimate in performance can certainly bite at times.
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1935 on: July 13, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »
i got somethin in the mail today from kerryb. nice work kerry you should be proud of your work. its the first bow ive ever had with skins on it i also never seen a reflex/deflex selfbow before. i love what ya did with skins on the belly side of the handle, never seen that before either and some tiny tips too is that bacote tip overlays i did fling a few arrows with it but couldnt get pics cause its so hot outside whew come on fall
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1936 on: July 13, 2011, 01:33:00 PM »
Eagle:  I've REALLY been there.  I spilled a bottle of TruOil the first year of our marriage when we were still in an apartment.  The stinking stuff literally ate/melted the carpet, much like superglue does to some plastics.  My wife was so gracious, although there was the initial tongue lashing and burden of guilt.  However, we were able to find a remnant of the carpet and had someone patch in it.  You couldn't see the offending area when it was all said and done.  The good news for you is that it IS new carpet, and therefore any remnants you have should match perfectly.  Call a carpet layer and get their take on it.  Depending on the nap of your carpet (Berber style would be harder than most), you might be A-okay.   :)
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1937 on: July 13, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
i have some questions about proper brace height and if its a fast flight string on it nice work kerry nice work i need to spend some time with it so i can get some blood on it come fall. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1938 on: July 13, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Originally posted by tenbrook:
It is 65.5" NTN and pulls 50# @ 28".  Came from a stave cut back in January 2008.  Has Phenolic tips to make it FF compatible and holds about 1" of set after shooting.

Anyhow here are the pictures.....Enjoy!

Tenbrook       :thumbsup:      

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/matter_daddy/DSCN0866.jpg  

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/matter_daddy/DSCN0879.jpg  

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/matter_daddy/DSCN0882.jpg  

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/matter_daddy/DSCN0871.jpg  

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/matter_daddy/DSCN0868.jpg  

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/matter_daddy/DSCN0880.jpg  

http://i90.photobucket  

Nice looking stick Tenbrook But no pics over 600 pixels wide
This is what showed up on my step today   :thumbsup:

Very clean lines, Simple yet elegant. Had a minute to string it up and fling a few and she shoots great. Also a great Job on the tips Tenbrook. Looking forward to taking this thing to the woods.

never really shot the longer bows but this thing is a smooth draw and pleasant shooter. Now I know why guy's like'em long.

Ruddy, Keenan and myself and Pat all got to see you bow first hand at the Classic and it is a gem for sure. I knew when I seen it you where gonna love it.  I almost told you in NC that I seen your swap bow but I held my tongue. LOL

Keenan, I have pushed myself quite a bit but learned alot more than I lost.  

I did cut out the profile on my boo last night and cut a blank out of a beautiful piece of Blood wood. I'll probably get it glued up in a few days as soon as I get a chance. I need to do a little work on a form first and cut a powerlam and handle overlays. I might see if I can round up some cool reddish colored snake skins. Any suggestions?

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1939 on: July 13, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
and the obligatory full draw pic