Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51433 times)

Offline SaMbO2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #2020 on: July 18, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
Well fish n chicks if the person your making the bow for cant understand why your a little late then he's not a bow'yer, everyone can go through a rough patch and your doing the best thing you can witch is keep trying and never give up. Job well done sir!

God Bless,

Sambo.

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2021 on: July 18, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
Fish n Chicks
    You will get it done, Iam sure Kelly an Sticks have kept in contact with the person you arae building for and he knows what has been happening. You will get a keeper for sure.
                      Pete
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2022 on: July 18, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
Oh we try to let folks now it is going to be late, without too much detail. I have few that need to let me know what is going on but they are all good guys and there is no worries here I think for as many bowyers it is coming to gather very nice. I know it is at least 50 bows receive and about 8 in the mail still. I love being on this side except I dont get to send one out. I get to see the reaction of some of you and snicker when it is your bow.
Juan that is a clean and lovely bow.
I mean if we all voted on the best bow how would you chose. I mean the long, sleek elegance of a bow like that one or the skinned dressed up hotties, and the glass and lam bow with the combination of woods. It is almost to much for a soldier who has been to long in the sand box as pat pointed out.
Wonderful effort from all so far.

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2023 on: July 18, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
I am still waiting...but definitely NOT one of those who is stressed out about it.  Good things come to those who wait ya know.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2024 on: July 18, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
I'm still waiting too, but am more concerned about getting a good bow out to my recipient. I've already decided that if mine arrives before I get a bow done then it will sit, unshot, right in front of me until I get it done. Might not even unwrap it. Should kep me moving along.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2025 on: July 18, 2011, 03:53:00 PM »
When is the deadline again fellas?

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2026 on: July 18, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
I think it was July 9
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2027 on: July 18, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by SaMbO2:
Well fish n chicks if the person your making the bow for cant understand why your a little late then he's not a bow'yer, everyone can go through a rough patch and your doing the best thing you can witch is keep trying and never give up. Job well done sir!

God Bless,

Sambo.
Well sir, I appreciate the support. If he gives me any grief i'll be sure to send him your way for some attitude adjusting!    :knothead:     :biglaugh:

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2028 on: July 18, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by tradbower:
Fish n Chicks
    You will get it done, Iam sure Kelly an Sticks have kept in contact with the person you arae building for and he knows what has been happening. You will get a keeper for sure.
                      Pete
Thanks Pete! Kelly's been on it. Some amazing teamwork going on 'round here.

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2029 on: July 18, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »
Gotta love the USPO....   :readit:  

Anyway, the saga continues.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2030 on: July 18, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
Juan, most of the guys use india ink with a quill pen or fountain pen that use tru oil.  I've used a ball point pen with success (Pentel I think).  Do not use the paint markers with tru oil because is does smear.  I ususally write after a few coats, then apply several coats over the writting....Dan

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2031 on: July 18, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
Juan, I used a fine tipped sharpie. The tru oil doesn't smear it and makes the writing stand out.
Stan

Offline Juan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2032 on: July 18, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Thanks guys. I hadn't bee able to use tru-oil with a descent result in the past. Not sure what I had done wrong but everything is going smooth now and didn't want to mess it up. I looked thru the threads and found a couple of post explaining how you tru-oil guys finished up with the writing but still wasn't 100% sure. Thanks this really helps.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2033 on: July 18, 2011, 07:21:00 PM »
Dave Bowers it was the 9th of July but some of the bowyer had picked some wood that just did not want to be a bow so the are using the 30 day grace. Your bowyer was one of them.

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2034 on: July 18, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Your recipient will not know who there builder is at this point after the grace period they will.

I took the liberty of contacting my recipient and gave him some options and he chose a boo backed bloodwood.

I got her glued up with 3.5" of reflex. Actually put 5 in it on the form and when I unclamped her she lost 1.5" right off. I'm gluing the handle on today and will start tillering in a few days. I really think it will turn out good.

I do need to gather some info on staining boo sometime but I sure I can get it here when the time comes.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2035 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKmud:
Gotta love the USPO....    :readit:  

Anyway, the saga continues.
That is such a major bunch of crap! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to get screwed on a 1 of a kind custom bow by the US Postal Service. How are you suppose to "Prove" how much it was worth since you were the original creator of the item? I'd make up a fake invoice or bill of sale, saying that you sold the item to your recipient and have him sign it. Then give that to them.
If you put $200 bucks worth of insurance on an item and they lose it, then your entitiled to that amount. Leave it up to a government operated institution to figure out how to screw you out of what is rightfully yours.   :mad:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2036 on: July 18, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
Just ask anyone here to vouch how much the bow is worth . We can get hundreds of signatures if needed.
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2037 on: July 18, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
We may do something like that next year Semo for the guys that insure the bow they shipped.

I'll have to give that some thought. Surely a guy is due compensation after that much time and effort into a custom bow.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2038 on: July 18, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
I was told a years ago that they wouldn't cover a selfbow because there is no way to determine the value.   I never insure any of my archery related stuff I ship. I send it USPS, Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. I have never lost a package to USPS in many years of using them. They are by far the best way to ship bows and arrows.IMO
   I've seen 3" PVC pipe shipping containers crushed with truck tire marks on it and the bow inside broken. This was UPS and I don't think they covered that bow because it wasn't packaged properly.
   Also, discussing committing postal fraud on the internet isn't a very smart thing to do either!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2039 on: July 18, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »
I got bow packaged up this evening. Hopefully I can get the wife to take it to the post office tomorrow because I don't get off in time. I'll have to admit....i'm a little worried about shipping after the horror stories. Maybe I'll hand deliver it to ******-***-&**($) who lives in Oklassippi.
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©