Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51434 times)

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #2040 on: July 18, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
had to work a double last weekend and didnt get any bow time in. going to do a bit on wednesday , as that is my other job day , so i should have some open time.

you guys are really just waiting till now so you can one- up everyone... well played...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2041 on: July 18, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by SEMO_HUNTER:
Leave it up to a government operated institution to figure out how to screw you out of what is rightfully yours.    :mad:  
The private companies (UPS, FEDEX, etc) are even worse.  I've always been amazed that they'll happily take your money to insure something without inspecting it first for as much as you want to insure it for.  But try to collect on it and suddenly you have to prove what it was worth before they'll pay.

Of course, you have to remember how many people out there are trying to stick it to the company with inflated and fraudulent claims as well.  And in the end it's just the honest guys (and gals) getting screwed.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2042 on: July 18, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
Yeah your right Pat. I guess a guy is just left to deal with if there is nothing you can do.

I ship the same as Pat and never a problem.

AKmud, I'd say it will show up soon.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2043 on: July 18, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
balding I will mark you as shipped. If it falls through let me know.

there are 8 in the mail again and 50 at there new homes and a whole bunch almost done.

Offline WestTexan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2044 on: July 19, 2011, 12:12:00 AM »
Akmud I know the feeling I'm in the same boat with Fedex....faxed paperwork in last week and no word yet. I got a few hours in another bow but working 16 hour days all this week kinda put a damper on the bow building. Anyways.... Some real nice bows you guys are posting.

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2045 on: July 19, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »
Having to prove the value is idiotic IMO....If I insure an empty box for $10,000 and they fail to deliver it or it gets lost, they should pay since I paid the premium they required for the insurance.  If they delivered the package, they wouldn't have to pay...  Seems pretty simple.  

I'll give it till the end of the week then I'll file the insurance claim.  Hopefully it will show though.

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2046 on: July 19, 2011, 12:53:00 AM »
Finished er up this evening (with a little help from a special jug from the mojam auction;-)). Should get it in the mail after work tomorrow.

Here are a few pics

at full draw

"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2047 on: July 19, 2011, 12:59:00 AM »
Its 63" ntn. Osage longbow with wenge and pupleheart overlays and en elkhide skivved handle. Took a lot more set than was desired, but all in all for as thin as it is for at the poundage I expected a little bit. Good hard shooter hopefully good old ******* wll have a bountiful hunting season with it, and not be too mad its a little on the tardy side of the deadline.

Enjoy and happy hunting!
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2048 on: July 19, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
Boondock Saints quote.....NICE!!!!
I dont know about your recipient but that quote alone in your signature moves you up several notches on MY scale
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2049 on: July 19, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by Pat B:
I was told a years ago that they wouldn't cover a selfbow because there is no way to determine the value.   I never insure any of my archery related stuff I ship. I send it USPS, Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. I have never lost a package to USPS in many years of using them. They are by far the best way to ship bows and arrows.IMO
   I've seen 3" PVC pipe shipping containers crushed with truck tire marks on it and the bow inside broken. This was UPS and I don't think they covered that bow because it wasn't packaged properly.
   Also, discussing committing postal fraud on the internet isn't a very smart thing to do either!
I wasn't suggesting postal fraud Pat, a guy can charge a fee for his work and if it's agreed to by the sender and the intended recipient how is that fraud? There has to be a solution to this problem, maybe one of the custom bow makers who do this for a living will step in here and offer their 2 cents?

I may trade a bow for 4 tanned otter skins and claim market value for the skins as the price of the bow? Let em try and run the numbers on that.     :readit:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2050 on: July 19, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
H8noncubs,
nice solid looking bow I am sure ******* will be thrilled once his new bow gets there.

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2051 on: July 19, 2011, 08:42:00 AM »
Guys, don't ruin the spirit of this thread by going on a rant against the USPS.  Stuff happens.  The USPS is very clear on what it takes for a claim.  I'm with Pat B.  I never insure anything.  I've had 1 fiberglass bow damaged in the 15 years I've been shipping USPS.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2052 on: July 19, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
Not accusing you of fraud, Semo. Just saying that anything you say on the internet is out there forever! How anyone deals with or handles different situations is up to them. I'm just saying...!
  I understand that STUFF happens and things get "lost in the mail" but for me USPS is the only way I will ship if I have a choice. I stick with success.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2053 on: July 19, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Glued together "the one" last night. Really, it's the 12th "one" I have done altogether, and 6th "one" for my recipient. Wow. Half the bows i've tried making were for you * ** ****-**!

This billet consists of a red oak core, brazilian cherry and walnut for the riser and recurve sections, and sitka spruce alignment and guide pins.

Shaping should hopefully begin tonight, but my bro's in from Phoenix complaining about the heat in Detroit (that's not ironic or nothin) and he's coming by for dinner tonight. We might end up with some "hold my beer" moments so shaping may start tomorrow. Either way, **** ** *****, you'll be getting your bow soon!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2054 on: July 19, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Quality time with your brother is good for the soul, if not for the head. Enjoy the evening and bust butt tomorrow.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2055 on: July 19, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Or, infect your brother with the disease!

I still have a bow to ship too     :o  

I probably wouldn't be late but as someone else here said,,,, "Life just gets in the way sometimes".

I agree, 2055 posts here all about the goal and good will! Besides I probably have the longest distance to ship  :eek:
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2056 on: July 19, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
That's true Pat, I only use USPS myself cause that's all I can afford so I'm stuck with them like it or otherwise.

Now lets see some more bows!!  :thumbsup:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2057 on: July 19, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
Chris, I'd say a bunch on here have seen it but didn't know it.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2058 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by John Scifres:
Guys, don't ruin the spirit of this thread by going on a rant against the USPS.  Stuff happens.  The USPS is very clear on what it takes for a claim.  I'm with Pat B.  I never insure anything.  I've had 1 fiberglass bow damaged in the 15 years I've been shipping USPS.
DITTO
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2059 on: July 19, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Finally got her "finished" tonite- just gotta clean her up a little and get the tube ready to go!!!  This humidity has been nasty for me trying to get the finish on.

Somebody asked before about writing.... I put a couple three? four? coats of tru oil on my bow then used a fine tip paint pen. When I tried to put tru oil on over the top it smeared like crazy- so after a redo and re-reading, I sprayed some poly over the top of the writing and put tru oil over it a couple??? more times. That worked well.  Live and learn.

Dunno if she will hit the mail tommorrow- thursday or friday is more likely,as my wife needs me to find us a cooler pasture to bed down in--- hot-n-sticky with no a/c leads to an unhappy wife!
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©