Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51410 times)

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #2060 on: July 19, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
My bow is in the mail as of this afternoon!!! Hope the reciever likes it as much as I enjoyed building it.
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2061 on: July 19, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
got you balding and you know **** is really going to love it or was that *********.

Eagleone just let me know.

Offline Monkey Wrench

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2062 on: July 19, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
Here is my finished bow.  Please keep in mind this is my second shooter I've made.  It's not perfect, but it is my best work.  I've learned a lot, and my skills have improved through all the process.  Although I already won the lottery with the bow I received, I hope the recipient is happy with this.  With all the arrows I've flung from it, it does seem really smooth and consistent.

Offline BrianO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2063 on: July 19, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
KellyG just wanted to let you know that my bow shipped today. Should be to the recipient real soon.
Thanks

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2064 on: July 19, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »
Brian got you.

Monkey that is another one of them long and lean ones that just have the simple elegance. If that is the combo of woods I think it is I bet it smokes and arrow too. I know ******* is going to just love that one I bet they are drooling even now.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2065 on: July 19, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
9 bows in transit, and 52 bows at there new homes, we are close to wrapping this up.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2066 on: July 20, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
To everybody who is still working on their bows and have suffered a setback or two, or um……even more, HANG in THERE, it will come together eventually.  I think anybody who entered this swap has had issues with a bow or two, or more…….that they built and understand.

Like Pat, I have shipped mine for the past 15 years USPS with delivery confirmation without a single problem.  However, I do insure mine because my lawyer guaranteed that she would get me reimbursed for the full insured amount if one was broken or pay me that amount (of course she didn’t mention what her fees would be   ;) ).
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Ken75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2067 on: July 20, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
well now that the rain has given me a break and the remodel is about over i can show some pics of my trade bow and brag a lil. Ranger44 sent me a beautiful bow and it shoots great!!!! , thanks Scott . here is the money shot    

thanks to all for a great trade ive enjoyed watching and participating . hope to do it again next year . thanks to Kelly and Stiks for leading this thing down the path

Offline Ranger44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2068 on: July 20, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
Thanks Ken!  

If anyone heard a big wind it is the breath I let go that I had been holding since I sent that bow to Ken.  I've been praying that he could get at least one shot out of it.   :)

I can't believe how much fun all the frustration of building bows can be.  Everyone here has inspired me and I hope to be involved in a trade like this again.  Meanwhile, more practice, practice, practice.

Offline Ken75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2069 on: July 20, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
dont worry Scott this one will be around a long time , ive looked at a lot of bows and this is quality !

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2070 on: July 20, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
Monkey wrench, That is a great looking bow! Tiller is very smooth.

Ken it looks like you scored a winner too!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2071 on: July 20, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
how long will it take to go through this again and see all the bows? This is getting better every year.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2072 on: July 20, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
I think next year will be over 100 entries and will keep myself and Kelly and one or two others busy. Looks like this is gonna be a long time Tradgang tradition.

I figure if we have the same # of entries every year as we did this year I'll have a bow from every builder by the time I am 121 yrs young   :pray:    :biglaugh:
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2073 on: July 20, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Yes but stiks you forget that you also want it to keep growing. The good news is I can keep the tracker and just add or take out as needed.

Cant wait to see the last 30 bows or so.

Offline red hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2074 on: July 20, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
I'm with Dave. I flip back and scan through all the pages every once in awhile to see where some of these beauties began and then where they ended up. This has been a really great thread.
Stan

ps  It takes a heck of a long time to go back through all these pages!!!  :knothead:

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2075 on: July 20, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
maybe we should ask for a "swap archive" ...

gonna do some tomorrow evenin and spend a fair amount of my saturday and some sunday. i want to have finish and mailed by fri....

lookin great guys keep at it and dont worry about the post. i have packed and shipped antiques that were worth thousands of dollars , through usps , dhl , etc etc... the trick is , to mark it fragile , tell them it is glass. put shock stickers on it. i have never had anything break and i packed over 6000 items for one **** lady alone. insurance is only going to cover it if there is an invoice or proof of purchase in the first place.

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2076 on: July 20, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
I'll send Terry or Rob a PM aqnd if they don't object we can get it in the archives
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2077 on: July 21, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »
Kris, Kelly will be on the bow building side next year. You might be hard pressed to get him to do the books too. d;^)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2078 on: July 21, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
Naw Pat this part is not that bad. I will need to get home and get some saves cut and down to bow blanks so they will have time to dry. I do have 3 option at my house now, but after seeing this swap I think I will need a few more than that.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2079 on: July 21, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Kelly, I think the secret is to get an early start and don't push the envelope too far! d;^)
  These trades really make us all push the envelope just to make the best bow we can for our recipient but just like getting a good haircut, you have to know when and where to stop.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©