Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51377 times)

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #2100 on: July 23, 2011, 07:46:00 AM »
Got mine bending nicely to 28" last night and shot a few arrows through her. She seems to zip them out nicely. Have to shape the handle and replace the temporary nocks with real ones, sand her down and maybe toast the belly, not sure about that yet. Then I get to shoot her a whole bunch  :)  pack up and send away.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2101 on: July 23, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
Ok Swiss marked you as received.

Razorback teaser PICs would be nice.  :)

Offline BrianO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2102 on: July 23, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
My wife called yesterday and said that I had a tube at the house..... Wont get to see it until Tuesday. So as of now I have received. Cant wait to get home!!

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2103 on: July 23, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by SEMO_HUNTER:
Hey Goose, a smart man once told me that you can't grow brains and hair on the same head. I think I got smarter when I cut my mullet off?    :thumbsup:      :goldtooth:  
Everyone that cuts off a mullet gets smarter. Thats like saying "after I took my hand out of the blender it stopped cutting me"   :biglaugh:    :laughing:
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2104 on: July 23, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by DVSHUNTER:
Everyone that cuts off a mullet gets smarter. Thats like saying "after I took my hand out of the blender it stopped cutting me"    :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

----------
Andy

Offline Inuumarue

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2105 on: July 23, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
For all of you guys still waiting, just to narrow the list of possible bowyers I got mine in today from Brad/Monkey Wrench. Shes a looker for sure and the three arrows I got to shoot before the rain came in were very promising.  I'm looking forward to taking it out for some more.  I'll get some money shots up when the weather turns nice again.

Thanks Brad!
Adam

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2106 on: July 23, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Inuumarue:
For all of you guys still waiting, just to narrow the list of possible bowyers I got mine in today from Brad/Monkey Wrench. Shes a looker for sure and the three arrows I got to shoot before the rain came in were very promising.  I'm looking forward to taking it out for some more.  I'll get some money shots up when the weather turns nice again.

Thanks Brad!
Adam
RAIN???? What's that???
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2107 on: July 23, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by DVSHUNTER:

quote:
Originally posted by SEMO_HUNTER:
Hey Goose, a smart man once told me that you can't grow brains and hair on the same head. I think I got smarter when I cut my mullet off?     :knothead:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2108 on: July 23, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
i never had a mullet . for me its all or none. and i have had both. now its a matter of what ever is not turnin grey is turnin loose lol at mullets. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2109 on: July 23, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Ok with all the new ones receive here is where we stand. 63 bows made and shipped, 55 of those received so there are  8 still in the mail. There are also 20 bows in various stages of completion. So we are 66.27% complete.
(I have been play with my excel spread sheet, to do all the counting for me. Boy that makes it easier.)

Offline Bone lake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2110 on: July 23, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
Glad to here it got to you ok Swiss, hope you like it.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2111 on: July 24, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
I've been in Kansas this week enjoying the perfect temperatures and my equally perfect in-laws. I keep thinking the chance of me coming home to something on my front porch is decent. I love how Kelly keeps that number in the mail out there for us.

Here's to hoping!   :coffee:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2112 on: July 24, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
I sure do, Ted. I shot a few arrows today and man that baby rocks. It's fast and accurate, at least it's much more accurate than I am... ;-)

A few more pics...

----------
Andy

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2113 on: July 24, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Andy that is a great bow. I just don't know what bow is the best. I mean I would be proud to give any of these bows a home. Great work to all of you bowyers.

Offline WestTexan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2114 on: July 24, 2011, 11:11:00 PM »
That's a sweet lookin bow you got Swiss. After a very long work week I finally got to check this sweet bow I got in the mail last Tuesday from Steven Russell. Some yeller wood 56 @ 27

Still haven't shot it yet...maybe tomorrow evening.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2115 on: July 24, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
got mine almost braced today. i call it almost floor tiller...

forgot i was still going down one more ring. should bring me down a bit , and get me a nice solid layer.

gonna do the knocks and use the string i made last week for her. i even found my tillering stick and some drywall screws , so i can actually mount it. ill get 'er done soon here. it really felt good to be rasping and scrapering ...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Inuumarue

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2116 on: July 25, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
Still no pics. Sorry guys, I know I'm a horrible person.  But I thought I'd put in my little update.

I have a bunch of sanding to do and some overlays to shape.  On the sanding note, no matter how broke you are, buy more than one grit for your thickness sander... the 60 grit lines are still in the back lam and they're a bear to get out.

Got the linen micarta and cannarywood overlays glued on today, should shape them down and file the nocks in tomorrow.  Then its just the left over sanding and the final tweaking of the tiller.  I think I should be getting this one out the door next week.

Adam

P.S. Monkey, I cant help but look at the grain on that ipe while trying to work on homework.  Man that stuff is distracting!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2117 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
Well mine is tillered to 28", handle roughed shaped, tip overlays installed and one nock just about finished. Will hopefully get the other nock done and the handle finished tonight. Can then start shooting it in, final sand and recheck the tiller. Then its just the finish and a big long tube and she will be on her way. I only have my work computer for a while so sorry no pics just yet.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2118 on: July 25, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
I got back from the family reunion this morning, and I could make out the long tube without even turning the lights on.  My wife thought I was nuts, but I had to open, string, and draw it a few times before I went to bed.

I now have my own piece of yellawood.  It sure draws smooth, can barely wait to try some arrows through it.  Recognize the tips?

I'll get some more pictures up when I've caught up on sleep a bit and have shot it in.

Thanks Chris!

:bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Bradford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2119 on: July 25, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
According to my tracking numbers, I know SOMEONE who is getting a bow today!  :}
God gave you hands, use them

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©