Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51226 times)

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #2400 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
Thanks everyone! This has been an insane trip but well worth the fare. I'm having trouble figuring out what I can use to hold the arrows in the tube alongside the bow, but i'm sure i'll have it figured by friday.

Incidentally, if you guys are looking for a great, and cheap way to send a bow, look no further than your local carpet shops. I walked in, asked the salesman if they had any carpet tubes they were tossing, and they did! One tube ships two longbows. Sorry recurvies. But I asked if he wanted any $ and nope, scrap to them. WAAAAAYY lighter than pvc or even drainpipe. I'll see how much lighter when I ship.

Bona - Very courageous and excellent bow.

Aram - Great work with the difficult materials as well.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2401 on: August 24, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
I'm glad you like it Nate! I've checked several times today to see if you'd posted. It's storming here now but I had to check again anyway.

Bona
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2402 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
That Brings us to 70 bows received. There are 3 in the mail. We have 11 bowyer awaiting bows and are 84% complete.
Great job and efforts by all.
Kelly

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2403 on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
LIVE FROM NEW YORK ITS.....my bow YAY!

Aram she is BEAUTIFUL.  I wanna go shoot it so badly but I just do not have arrows for it yet.  I mean I have arrows but my other bows are skinny string shooters so I have to come up with some whose nocks will fit that string.  As soon as I get them made I will sink a few into a target and then get out after some game...I know a couple sweet rabbit holes and will get there ASAP.  I will get some pictures as soon as I fix the battery door of my camera too....wouldnt it figure that TODAY would be the day I would drop it when getting out of my car lmao.  THANK YOU for your work on this one.  It is one sweeet feeling stick and DEFINITELY worth the wait.  

Kelly you can mark me as received.  I am too excited right now...gonna go scrounge up SOME sort of arrow to shoot dangit.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2404 on: August 25, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »
And like that we are down to 2 bows in the mail and 85% complete. 10 bowyers still awaiting there bows, and 71 happily shooting theirs. Who will be the next one to get their bow, will it be a hit or bust, will any more bows be broken or is the final stretch going to be smooth.
Stay toned for the next installment of Tradgang Bow Swap 2011.

Offline Balding Kansan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2405 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
I like the Play-by-play KG!
I hate rudeness in a man...won't tolerate it. -Lonesome Dove
Hill Country Harvest Master
KennyM Swap bow

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2406 on: August 25, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
That is fantastic soopernate!

KellyG, I love it!
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2407 on: August 26, 2011, 01:26:00 AM »
:knothead: )  )
 It measured #55 @ 29 on my scale. I only shot it 50 times or so and my arrows are cut for 28" draw. It should lighten up a bit when shot in. So maybe shoot whatever arrows till it settles then get some to match. If the string I ordered ever comes through I'll send that too.
Enjoy!

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2408 on: August 26, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
No worries Aram.  I build strings myself so if you want to put that string to good use on another bow you build that is fine with me.  I scrounged around and found some .400 spine carbons. I am going to load them up front with 200+ grains.  They should fly like darts and have that FOC to be stable as hell.  Slip some .38 cartridges on the end and them bunnies wont know what hit them. I would take it after deer too...once I have shot it enough to get my confidence up.
You did a VERY nice job and again THANK YOU for being in this years swap. I am already excited about next years.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2409 on: August 26, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Kelly my bow went in the mail this morning. I don't have the tracking info or the date of delivery cause my wife took it into the post office for me, but I will get that later and provide it if necessary.

Hope my recipient likes it!

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2410 on: August 26, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Fish you are goo. 10 bowyers awaiting bows, 3 bows shipped; that is 1/3 of the last bows. That means you have a 33% chance of you getting one if you are still waiting.

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2411 on: August 26, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Well, I'm headed to the farm with dvshunter for a bachelor party this weekend. Still got my fingers crossed, let's see some pics of these last 8 bows in progress, watchin one come to life through this thread is the best part!

Again, let's see some pics already!
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2412 on: August 26, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
Got mine today.  Thanks a bunch NTD..a beautiful hickory backed maple, with skins!

Its excellent!

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2413 on: August 26, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
Here are a couple of shots of me flinging a few arrows with the new bow.  Thanks for "green bean"!

He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2414 on: August 26, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
goose is that thing gonna do for our pig feast haha or u gonna have to barrow wills smoker tell him get some pic s on there  brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2415 on: August 26, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
Hopefully I could draw some blood with good old "green bean".  Wouldn't mind being the first to stick something with a trade bow.  I'll have to check on Will's connection and see if the land is still potential.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2416 on: August 27, 2011, 12:36:00 AM »
ok that is 72 received, 9 awaiting bows but 2 are in the mail so you are down to a 22% chance that one of them is yours. Oh and we are about 87% complete.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2417 on: August 27, 2011, 08:33:00 AM »
im off to work for a couple hours, then its bow marathon. i want to have her done by tomorrow. i need to work up another string , cause the one i have the loops are way too big and just keeps slipping. i thought my nocks needed to be deeper,  but i think its my string.

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2418 on: August 28, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
so heres a lunch update. worked on it so far for about two hours. going to go back ou and keep scrapering. its just not moving fast but i dont know if it looks like i should bust out the rasp.

i had a hard enough time getting it to a tight string , let alone a brace this morning. on the long string still , at 13" measures 55lbs.  i think im going to maybe try for a low brace ,but i am keeping the knot area stiff. i think i can pull it off , using about 2" on either side of the knot.

back layer...

side....

belly....

showing the twist...i might try to heat straighten , but i lack a heat source...

going to head back out after i upload for work , and get her really moving. i have a guy coming this week to look at wiring the garage. if i had power out there i would be unstoppable. its already wired too...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2419 on: August 28, 2011, 01:21:00 PM »
The bow is looking pretty good to me. I like your toenail polish too!

:p  

Bona
TGMM Family of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©