Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 50955 times)

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #2860 on: December 08, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »
Where's soop and his girly drink? I figured he would be refreshing this every 10 minutes    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2861 on: December 08, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Katie went to the beauty shop to get her hair curled and nails done.

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2862 on: December 08, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
Sorry was hung over...too many capn morgan and diet (YES DIET cokes. Im getting older and fatter by the minute) Was filling in with a team on my dads bowling league last night.  Had a pretty good night too averaging 209 over a set of four. LOVE the time with my dad.   I will be poppin the top on the ole shock top raspberry tonight after parent teacher conferences hoping to God that the alcohol will kill the strep bugs that have infested my wife.  Glad you got your bow John...hope that many arrows find their way home.  CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED SUCCESSFULLY IN THIS SWAP!!!
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2863 on: December 08, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
Well done Friends!  :clapper:
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2864 on: December 08, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
Jack in the shop tonight! Another one in the books.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2865 on: December 08, 2011, 06:41:00 PM »
John Glad to hear your bow showed up.

It came from an anonymous builder that was in the swap whom chose to remain anonymous.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2866 on: December 08, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Its over? . . . . .ALREADY

Well it was a pretty interesting experience. Lots of different bows from lots of "different" people. Cant wait to see what the next one brings to my door.
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2867 on: December 09, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »
i enjoyed lookin at all the bows that were built for this swap, lots of skill and talent . hey fish , did you get blood on that bow yet?  oh i also think osage tree made a much finer example of a 2 piece that is in africa now. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline tenbrook

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2868 on: December 09, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
What happened to Hova did he never send his bow?

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2869 on: December 09, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
Never have heard back from Hova. As was said before I hope all is well with him and his family. All he needs to do is get on here and make it right and I'm sure all would be forgivin'.

It's his choice how to handle it at this point, All participants received a bow and all is well. Now it's time to plan the next one.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2870 on: December 09, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
I was out in the garage taking stock in my materials...Bamboo, ipe in case I go that way.  I have some black glass, some clear glass and maple lams in case I go that way....and one solitary stave of mock orange (not osage) from Florida that I wanna play with before too long. Hmmmmm..decisions decisions decisions....better have me another raspberry ale.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2871 on: December 09, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
Well I have one Osage bow blank, one hickory stave, an Osage log that was dropped off by a friend, and a failed hickory self bow I think I could back and belly lam as my last resort.

I can't wait I am so excited.

Offline fish n chicks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2872 on: December 09, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by broketooth:
i enjoyed lookin at all the bows that were built for this swap, lots of skill and talent . hey fish , did you get blood on that bow yet?  oh i also think osage tree made a much finer example of a 2 piece that is in africa now. rv
Unfortunately not yet, but only cause I havent' been able to enjoy the season like I thought. My spot dried up a bit so I was unable to bloody up that pretty orange stick. But when I do you'll know!

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2873 on: December 09, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
I've been following the swap and I'm so inspired by the great bows I've seen here and by the spirit that everyone has shown here.
I'm thinking that I would like to get involved with the next swap but I only have two successful bows under my belt and a lot still to learn. If there were other newbies involved I would feel more confident about joining, otherwise I can wait another year and become even more inspired by the swap that is to come.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2874 on: December 09, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
Dave, don't be afraid to join in.  Everyone has to start somewhere and you've already got two successes under your belt.  Many of us on here are relative newbies as well and you'll get plenty of help along the way from the guys on here.  It is also a great learning experience and challenges each of us to give the best that we can, so jump in and get your feet wet......Dan,

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2875 on: December 09, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
Thanks Dan. I'd love to get my feet wet - they're just a bit cold that's all. When is the next swap starting? If I can get another bow built and shooting before then I'll have the confidence to build one for someone else.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2876 on: December 09, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
Dave, the next one will start in January.....Dan

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2877 on: December 09, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
Dave,
You have one more successful bow than I. The next one will be my first as a bowyer.

Kelly

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2878 on: December 10, 2011, 01:47:00 AM »
Dave, Your heart is right and that is what matters. The more bows you build the more your skills develope, this is true. However most people will have poured just as much if not more heart into their first bow, as they will any other bow. I still have my very first bow and would be just as proud to have someone's first bow. It's all about the heart!
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2879 on: December 10, 2011, 05:45:00 AM »
dave im still a newbie to building bows. i also aspire to build the beautiful works of art like pat b, keenan, gordon f, forest trekker, shaun. it just takes time to develop some skills, an eye for it, and knowing when to stop. rv
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©