Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 50978 times)

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
I am getting real excited to get back in the shop. Started an oak board bow the other day, just to get the juices flowing. Proa\\bably wont be the swap bow but am working on some ideas for it.

Kerry that stave from the knot down kinda reminds me of teh lamo in "A Christmas Story"  :)
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Been siftin through my gnarly pile of osage and found the shining swap star of a stave. Can't wait until july! If I can these pictures to work they'll be a flyin if not I'll have dvs post em
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
well , fixed the jeep today , so tomorrow will be up at 0600 to work on some locust and see how dry it is.  i cant wait to make a mess...

ill be sure to get a bunch of pictures....

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
I picked out a stave with a nasty knot in it for this years bow. Pics are coming.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
jsweka, be sure whomever takes pics for you uses the highest resolution on their camera for the pics. I know PA Magazine likes the highest resolution you can take for pics submitter for publication.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »
Pat B - That's good advice.

Let's all keep that in mind and keep the original high resolution on your home computer while changing the ones we post here in photobucket.

I'm sure there will be lots and lots of awesome photos.  The hard part will be deciding which to use.

John
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
I've got an article coming out in the newest PA Magazine and that is what they wanted.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »
lol its no problem for me , but some guys have trouble with photobucket , so it might be a stretch to get everyone's camera shooting hi-res.

ill be dropping 6billion megapixel (1.21gigawatts) of resolute power. where we're going , we dont need f-stops.

-hov

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »
Ohh it all looks so good and fun.
I bet all the suppliers of bow making mateirials are wondering why their oders have double in the last 24. LOL
Have fun and Happy Building,
Kelly

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
Here's the beginning. Had a very large crown in it before finding that REAL good flat ring
IMG00005-20110114-2243.jpg
"I never make the same mistake twice, i make it three or four times. You know just to make sure."

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
I know it is only a few of you out of the US borders but if you could shoot me a PM about your customs can skinned bows or even self bows be sent to you.
Kelly

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
I have never sent anything overseas but I have sent stuff to Canada. What I did send was raw materials. When filling out the customs form I was told(not by the authorities) to claim "craft items", a "gift" and "0" value to help keep duty costs down. When you find out you are shipping overseas check with your local PO about customs paperwork required for the country you are sending to.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
the only thing bad about claiming a zero value , is that if its damaged , you have no recourse.

i youre sending something to another country , check their regulations . claim the highest amount possible for the lowest duty schedule.  i have shipped things all over the world using **** , and only had to fill out a  customs form one time. its been a while , but the one i had trouble with was ireland. they wanted the printout of the **** site , a copy of the paypal , and a customs form.

worst case scenario , the recipient has to pay a couple bucks or pounds to pick it up , but its not that bad.

there needs to be a disclaimer on this page that someone forgot to put some pictures up...

-hov

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
I glued this Chechen and Texas Mesquite with white phenolic accents up for the 2011 bow swap.  After my draw though I went to the pile to see what I had in stock for a one piece bow because my secrete bow santa has lots of 3 piecers so I thought about this piece of nice Macasser Ebony with some of the Figured Yew veneers from Idaho Curt.  Or maybe some other Combo.  Hum Lots of time to sit and think about on this.  Kenny your phone should be ringing this week.

Shawn

Offline H8nonCubs

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
that is a nice start dmax. too  bad ou basically told me its for someone else...i got all excited.

nice to see how you go from riser block , to handle idea.and that ebony is  :thumbsup:

-hov

Offline formerbutcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Looking good guys.I can tell you for a fact you will neeed customs papers no matter what Country you send to. Put down it's a gift (which it is) Each country is different on what kind of Duties/Taxes are charged.

I got my Stave roughed out some today. Black Walnut, it's going to get a Rawhide back !

It's a great day to be alive !!

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by H8nonCubs:
 http://emob1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/h8noncubs/Mobile%20Uploads/1295121960.jpg  
Maybe this will work?
Fixed it for ya -

Offline Diamondback59

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
got my name guys  got some osage  hickory yew  and maulberry out  trying to figure  what i wanna make for   the guy i got im ready to dive into it  brock
yep im a bowaholic,, elkaholic !!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©