Author Topic: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)  (Read 51375 times)

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TG BOW SWAP 2011 (pics and post)
« Reply #760 on: March 15, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
Gene,
Hope we get some picks of you shooting it. Sticks now that you have donated blood to the bow gods, all should be well in your shop.

Mark,
That is looking like a fine bow

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #761 on: March 15, 2011, 02:28:00 AM »
Oh and that brings us to two bow waiting to be shipped. 8 bows recieved.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #762 on: March 15, 2011, 02:45:00 AM »
Really sorry to hear that Stiks!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline GREG IN MALAD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #763 on: March 15, 2011, 05:08:00 AM »
Mark,
You have the right poundage but that draw length is way too short for me. It's a fine bow and i'm sure ??????? is going to enjoy it.
I didnt miss, thats right where I was aiming

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #764 on: March 15, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
There is some really nice stuff being done here for the swap. It's taking me alttle time to get caught up. I finally got a shooting bow done and now I have to get one done for this swapp.

I don't have the best bowyer skills yet but what dose everyone think of art work on a bow?

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #765 on: March 15, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Been away for a bit and looks like I've missed allot of fun.  So many nice bows I don't know where to start complimenting.  You guys are really putting togethet some very nice bows.
I am really impressed with the variations that I see. I know that I would be pleased with any of one of them.
 My trade bow has been curing out that sinew for about long enough. Time to start getting smoe bending going on that Juniper!
 Vanilla, Love the shape!
 Dan, The back and the full draw look incredible.
 Mark, That looks like pure grace and beauty with a bit of sting to her bite.  Nice profile
  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Dan Landis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #766 on: March 15, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Keenan, thanks for the compliment.....Dan

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »

Went into the shop tonight and watched h8noncubs work on his trade bow again. It coming on nice. Then we got a bit sidetracked with a few of these.

We ended up cutting down a hackberry tree in a neighbors yard and split it up and got it sealed. We still have one more log, but it is only 64in. long not as nice as the 73in. thats these are.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #768 on: March 16, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »
I decided to pike the bow that came out low. I heat treated the belly last night and took out some of the set that had already started. One limb is good the other needs a little more. This is not for the trade but I might do one like it for the trade.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
Nice job to everybody, looks like things are really starting to get revved up with the bow swap. Lots of builds, lots of breakage both with bows and broken hearts, but lots of work getting done. I apologize for my slow start, but I have to get my prior commitments out of the way first. Then my own bow swap bow thread will begin.

It won't be long now.   :thumbsup:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #770 on: March 16, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
I think there is alot of that Semo. That's the reason for the July deadline. More time to build = more bows swapped.    :bigsmyl:  

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
So any other slackers here look at these bows being finished, sent, and received and have mixed feelings?  

You keep hoping that you come home to one of these beauties one afternoon out of the blue.  But then dread the guilt of knowing that your recipient is still a long way away from that feeling?
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Swissbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #772 on: March 16, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
A lot of very nice bows here on tradgang. I haven't started my swap bow yet, due to a lot of work at the job :-(  , but as soon as I get the lams from Kenny I will start.

----------
Andy

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #773 on: March 16, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
I just got a new set of lams from Kenny - excellent quality as always.  This will be my second attempt at my swap bow since I miscalculated my stack thickness on the first one and it came out a bit too light.  No big deal, it ended up being a birthday present for my Dad.  Now to find some time to get-r-done....
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Ranger44

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #774 on: March 16, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
Some very nice work is being done here guys!  I'm still practicing.  I made my first bow last winter and have completed my second (both red oak board bows) and have been practicing on my first R/D.  It's coming out pretty light but my step son should benefit from that.  I'm waiting on some supplies from 3Rivers that include some glue for the next R/D laminate and should be ready for the trade bow after that.

Offline Gene Gillis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #775 on: March 16, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
I've built 3 bows and come up short on poundage on all 3. The kids around here are loving it though. Everyone of them come out around 35 t0 38 lbs. I told somebody today I was gonna glue 2 of the Hickory boards together. Mabye if I double the wood Icould double the poundage. Started again on another.

Offline 4est trekker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #776 on: March 17, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
Gene: Hang in there, you'll get it.  But if you double the thickness, you'll actually increase the draw weight of the bow 8-fold!  If you combine that with a lamination, that number will be even higher!  In general, when you double the width of a bow you double its draw weight (200%).  If you double the thickness, you'll increase the draw weight 800%. So, a 1/32" or 1/16" can make a huge difference!  :)
"Walk softly...and carry a bent stick."

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Col. 3:17

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #777 on: March 17, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
Well all I have to say is that some great bows have been sent by the grey breads and novice a like so far. The attitude and moral is going strong from what I can see. I am excited to see the next bow that gets done. Heck next year I may have to rig this so I get 80 plus bows.   :bigsmyl:

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2011, 10:43:00 AM »
I though about that last year Kelly, LOL. You wouldn't be able to sleep at night.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline soopernate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #779 on: March 17, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
Man I cannot wait for bowling tournaments to get done so I can add my visual .02 cents to this thread.  I don't INTEND to procrastinate...sigh...it just happens I guess.
I humbly follow in the learned footsteps of those who precede me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©