Author Topic: Tiller advise  (Read 419 times)

Offline bigcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
Tiller advise
« on: January 23, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »
Ok, finishing up this one.  She is 57" at 27".  I am short drawing it.   Here is where I mess up over and over.  I get a beautiful tiller when centered on the string and on a tiller tree.  But end up with bottom limb bending too much.  I want to avoid that this time.  I think its about there.  

Top tip section looks stiff, but the top limb had natural reflex, and I heated alot there to straighten out this stave.  So I am hesitate to get more bend there.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tiller advise
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
Itg looks like the end of the top limb could bend a touch more? It may be the angle though. Great looking tiller either way!

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
Yea, give that top limb about 10 more scrapes and then exercise the heck out of it and post another pic.  Good job so far.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
looks great to me. i too think about midlimb on top seems a tad less bendy , but i'd rock it all day long...

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline Sidewinder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Man your tiller is looking great. If your off a little its not much and I can't tell you where to take off. If you are that far along and real close to completion I think I might just try and get it to creep up a little more near the fadeson the upper limb, but overall I would say you look pretty even to me. Well balanced at this point.  Danny
His strength is made manifest in my weakness.

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
Are you feeling even limb strain at full draw? And then still showing a positive tiller at brace height? If so then call it good. If not then do what John suggested.........Art

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
Looks good to me...
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline bigcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Art B:
Are you feeling even limb strain at full draw? And then still showing a positive tiller at brace height? If so then call it good. If not then do what John suggested.........Art
Not showing positive tiller, but feeling even strain.  Going to work more on her tomorrow.  I got some room.  I thought I wanted a 60lb longbow, but she wears me out.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
outer two thirds of top limb needs a bit of dressing. It looks really good but that section is flat. You will get your postive tiller when you do that I would bet. Bottom limb looks great.

God bless yu and good luck , Steve

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 11:13:00 PM »
Coming along nicely!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online frank bullitt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Looking good Big C!

Glad ya don't have target panic, could be "Lights out"!  :biglaugh:

Offline Art B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:00 AM »
Best way to get 'er right is to shoot while keeping an eye on tiller movement (if any). The way you're gripping your bow, you should start out with at least some positive tiller. And using a ruler, check often to see if tiller is shifting or not. Adjust as needed. I've noticed that up-right shooters require a little more positive tiller than those that cant their bow. So for now, you really need to be on the plus side as far as positive goes or you're going to start seeing a shift in your lower limb soon.......Art

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©