Author Topic: Show off your shop  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show off your shop
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
I installed the track for the router table when I built it, but haven't gotten around to making the fence for it yet.  So many projects, and so little time!  But that is one thing high on my list...

I retired 2 1/2 years ago, and had been planning it ahead of time.  I knew once the income was gone the chances of getting a nice shop would go down dramatically, so I got myself all set up while I still had a real job.  The only thing I wish I had done is to make it bigger!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Savage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
I know exactly what you're talking about Whip. That's been my plan. Get the shop set up now before I retire. I have 11 years til military retirement so I'm hoping to get something going by then. If I can get it going soon enough maybe I can get a bigger place.

Snag, I built an 16x12 upstairs storage for mine to stock whatever I build. I enclosed one room for finishing. If possible I would try to locate my dust collector and compressor in an outside room to cut down on the noise. Believe it or not he dust collector puts out fine particles into the air that the bag doesnt catch. The canister types are best and if you can get a cyclone like whip that will make the motor last longer. Good luck!
US Army
Kosovo - 2005
Iraq - 2008

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by John Lipinski:
Kirkill, how are jet mills compared to grizzly mills? I was thinking of getting one for my shop, and want some input.
I couldn't tell you about these mills bro. i'm just getting this one set up for woodworking. the only thing i cam say right now is it is a seriously powerful machine with excellent potential.

The giant cyclone i built myself and works excellent. the duct work is kind of patched together from an assortment of pipe i had stashed under the floor.   :biglaugh:

Offline mater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Whip, where do you get them drums for the drum sanders? I have plenty of motors and would like to put them to good use.  thanks Mark

Offline Ricky Wallace

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Finally got to the store for camera batteries! heres mine

a little dusty but what the heck?   :D
If you expect nothing from anyone,you will never be dissapointed. Watch,Listen,Learn U.S.ARMY  '86 '91

Offline Savage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 11:25:00 PM »
I'm really jealous of all the cabinets and table space.
US Army
Kosovo - 2005
Iraq - 2008

Offline Ricky Wallace

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
That, except for the top tool box which I built is a bunch of old kitchen cabinets and an old chest of drawers I rescued from the landfill. They sure come in handy.I still need more cabinet space so I have a semi make-over planned for spring,adding a dust colecter{badly needed} and if the budjet will allow maybe someA/C, my wife says I live out there anyway!
If you expect nothing from anyone,you will never be dissapointed. Watch,Listen,Learn U.S.ARMY  '86 '91

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Here is my playground (in our basement) I'm lucky enough to have a 15 yd indoor range just out of the photos  :)   -

Offline Savage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
AKmud, how do you like that air filtration? I need to get one of those for sure.

Ricky, Ive been checking Craigslist for some used cabinets from a remodel or something, just keep missing out on them. I'll get lucky one of these times.
US Army
Kosovo - 2005
Iraq - 2008

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
mater, I got my sanding drums set up that way from Jim Belcher when I bought out his Bow Hospital equipment.  They really are one of the most used tools in my shop.
Take a look at Klingspor.com - they sell the complete drum assemblies.  You will need to have a perfectly straight shaft and bearing set up to run it on.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline AKmud

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
Originally posted by Savage:
AKmud, how do you like that air filtration? I need to get one of those for sure.

It seems to work pretty well.  Our basement is about 1400 sq.' and it keeps the air pretty clean.  The heavier dust settles out before it can be filtered but the fines go away quickly.  I need to get a dust collection system working but I keep putting it off thinking I will eventually build a shop...  :)

Offline Blue EagleBum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Finally got pics of my shop. It is currently under construction. It was just in our full unfinished basement. I have put up two walls, and plan to install a dust collection system. Its small, 16 x 12, but It does all I need.

Pardon the crooked pic, was pulling rope while takiing it.
Step lightly, and shoot a trad bow.

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »
Some great lookin shops fella's
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©