Author Topic: Applying snake skins?  (Read 663 times)

Offline Trick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Applying snake skins?
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 06:42:00 AM »
Thanks Stiks. Nothing beats a little hope! How about where to find some Timber Rattler?

Patrick

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Mike Yancey of Pine Hollow has skins and is offering a special to members on W diamondbacks.  His catalogue show that he has timber also.

Caveat Emptor!  The biggest auction house on the internet has some interesting skins at times.

~CB
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 02:27:00 AM »
Trick, if you get skins off the auction site make sure they are dried and not tanned.

Timber rattlers are protected in IN but canebreak rattlers are pretty much the same thing. Look up Charles Sinclair here. He goes by snakewood3. I buy all of my skins from him usually. He is looking for some copperheads for me. I just got 2 sets of canebreaks and some water snakes that are fantastic. Mike Yancy is another good one here. I got a feller in texas working on getting me three sets of copperheads but it may be a few months. when he gets back to me if I decide to part with a set I will let you know. Just send me a PM so I don't forget.

Just sit tight and be patient, right now is snake killing season so there will be some stuff come up in the classifieds before to long.

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline Trick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 06:43:00 AM »
Thanks for all the information.