Author Topic: tillering thought.  (Read 298 times)

Offline TroutGuide

• Trad Bowhunter
tillering thought.
« on: February 08, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
I was just looking at some build alongs and had a thought.  When tillering would it make sense to determine an aproximate nock point and use some sort of three finger width devise to pull the string while tillering to automaticly tiller the limbs for split, three under or whatever? I have very little  building experience yet so this may sound crazy but like I said it was just a thought.  Anyone ever done such a thing or similar?
Brian Harris
"I rarely ever give a definate answer about hunting or fishing."  Me

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tillering thought.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
yep I do that
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline TroutGuide

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
So DVS what do you use to replicate the fingers and how do you keep it where you need it?
Brian Harris
"I rarely ever give a definate answer about hunting or fishing."  Me

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »
A simple two fingered hook and a mark on the string. I found the hook at Lowes by their rope. I dont use it much anymore because I found that it didn't make much of a difference for me, however, I shoot three under and tiller all my personal bows even and split fingered bows an eith positive tiller, but I don't even think that makes much difference. Just my two cents, and the only reason I do it different is to keep the bow from dealing with different releases.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Aznboi3644

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:00 PM »
I tiller by hand with a mirror...so its tillered to my draw naturally.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©