Author Topic: Dallas Boo?  (Read 338 times)

Offline TroutGuide

• Trad Bowhunter
Dallas Boo?
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
Anyone know of a good source for quality boo flooring for bow building, and maybe other wood as well, in the Dallas/Frisco area?  I know it is not as good as the stuff I could order from bow supply places but I want to get a bunch(cheap) to play with and practice.
Brian Harris
"I rarely ever give a definate answer about hunting or fishing."  Me

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dallas Boo?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
The best I have found is vertical bamboo flooring 9/16 X 3 1/2 X 76". 12 pieces per carton delivered $83.00. Can get natural color(yellow) or carbonized (amber). If you want 38" material(24 pcs per carton) there is a wide range of colors for the same money. Can Email you the link.

James..................
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline TroutGuide

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
How do you use the vertical flooring?  I thought you would want the horizantal to use the flat strips.
Brian Harris

Offline KochNE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
For bamboo, the best deal I found was 25 Moso slats for $95, shipping included.  Intended for interior design use on walls etc...  Same thing as bowyer suppliers sell, but you'll have to do the thinning & shaping yourself, and may have a few splits or bug holes to pick out.  Out of my bundle of 25 I found one bug hole, right in the middle where I can work around it w/ handle overlay, and no cracks.  I think I got lucky though.
"As iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another."  Proverbs 27:17

Offline Savage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
Trout, have you tried Lumber Liquidators? They may have some. I believe Woodcraft or Wood World will have some exotics if you are looking for that.
US Army
Kosovo - 2005
Iraq - 2008

Offline TroutGuide

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
So lumber liquidators.  What do I look for, I know some stuff is junk and others good, any sugestions when choosing flooring.
Brian Harris

Offline Trux Turning

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
At lumber liquidators get the vertical bamboo flooring-the brand name in my area is morning star. <$80 a case here- some folks call it action boo when processed into lams.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©