Author Topic: First Glass bow. Some Questions  (Read 229 times)

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
First Glass bow. Some Questions
« on: February 11, 2011, 07:01:00 PM »
I received my long bow lamination kit today from Binghams. I'm building a 64" r/d longbow that is going to be 50-55#. I've watched their video and believe that I am capable of building a nice bow. In my lamination kit there appears to be 3 parallel laminations and 1 set of tapered. I didn't see in the video where they mentioned more than one parallel. My question is... do all the parallels go on the back side of the handle, or do 2 parallels go on the back side an the other go on the belly side with the tapered lamination.

Offline GREG IN MALAD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Glass bow. Some Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
The parallels go on the back and the taper goes on the belly
I didnt miss, thats right where I was aiming

Offline K30bowfisher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Glass bow. Some Questions
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
Exactly what Greg said, all the parralels for this design go on the back and only the tapered lams on the belly.

I built one of those 64" Bingham's one piece in October last year, it turned out nice and shoots good. I did just what you are doing; watched the video, searched this forum for information, and asked questions when I got stuck. Greg
stepped in and bailed me out of trouble a few times when I got off track. I'm sure your bow will be a success too. Put up a few pics for us along the way and good luck with your project.
It is better to be approximately right than exactly wrong.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©