3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME or angled hone set?  (Read 502 times)

Offline New to Traditional

• Trad Bowhunter
KME or angled hone set?
« on: February 18, 2008, 01:07:00 AM »
Hey all!
Have yet another question.Got my zephyr's and wanna get ready soon for the spring.These are my first traditional 2 blade heads.See Ive always just used the accusharp for my replaceable blade heads.I need to invest into new sharpening equipment sooo.....I wanted your alls opinion on whats the more I guess quicker and easier way to get my heads poppin' hairs.I met the guys at KME last month and was really impressed with their sharpener but then I've been looking at standard hone sets for 2 and 4 blade heads and they look simple enough also to get started.So what you think?Will the hone set do fine for now or should I go with the KME set?

Thanks,
Ethan
Dont shoot feather light arras,shoot railroad ties.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME or angled hone set?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
KME set. Ron makes a fine product. He gave me a demonstration of his sharpener a while back.I was totaly impressed. Go on his site and watch the video. Truely a quality ,easy to use sharpener if there ever was one.AND he is a true gentleman.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:23:00 AM »
Id invest in the KME I have heard great things I have on my to get list...

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »
Another vote for KME.

Ron builds a great sharpener. And if you have any questions, just give him a call. He'll be more than happy to help you out.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
KME for sure! As was already mentioned, if you have any questions Ron will be more than willing to help those that are sharpening challenged.  He talked to me for an hour answering questions! He goes by Sharpster on this site.

-Charlie

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »
My vote is for the KME. I bought one this season and got everything I sharpened with it scarey sharp. Ron is a wonderful guy. He answered any and all of my questions. AFter getting a domonstration from Ron I was convinced.You can't go wrong with the KME System!

Larry
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline Moengo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
Another vote for KME. I've used most of the sharpeners out there and the KME is my favorite.
CB

Offline adirondack46r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
Sorry to be redundant, but I just picked up a KME and it works better than anything else I have tried. I don't use it on a stone, however.

I use it on on auto body sand paper in progressively finer grits (1000,1500, 2000) wrapped over a 12x12 scrap piece of marble (from a kitchen and bath store). I tape the ends of the paper and then I wet it to make it lay perfectly flat. Then I start the honing process the same way it is done in the video.

By the time you get done with the 2000 grit and a few strops on a leather, my 2 blades are pretty darn sharp.

Offline carparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
How do I go about finding a KME?  Not even sure what you guys are talking about.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
Well thanks once again for the compliments and referrals Gentlemen!

Carparcher, just click on the link below.

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »
I was gifted a KME broadhead sharpening jig and a Knife sharpening kit by a dear friend a few months ago, and I am IMPRESSED.  I have used a Lansky for several years and it was the standard that I judged ALL sharpeners by until I used my KME for the first time.  WOW!!!!  They are that good.  The broadhead jig is SO much more versatile than the angled stones as well, as you can sharpen curved surfaces and ths removable replacement blades as well.  I had some Muzzy replaceable blade heads that were not sharp enough to use for anything but bunnies or some such.  They are now SHARP and ready for any critter without having to spend money on replacement blades.

Buy the KME and you will be glad you did.
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
Ethan,
I am currently shooting the Zephyr broadheads as well. And all I use is the tru-angle hones. The reason is because that is what Mark Horne recommends. I shoot Mark's bows, and deceided to try out his broadheads, and am very impressed!!! Mark told me the angle on the hones is the exact same as the broadheads. After shooting them for awhile it dosen't take much to bring the edge back to nice and sharp. I also have the KME and it seems to be a great product as well. I just haven't used it enough. I had trouble sharpening my Zwickey's on it. But then I am terrible at sharpening things!!!  :biglaugh:  I guess I need to give Ron a call. It seems like he is very willing to help.

Bill

Offline New to Traditional

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
Thanks guys thats were I was leaning.I think Ron was one of them I met at the ATA show.Supernice!You may not remember me Ron but I was the 17yr. old that bugged you guys every day.I'll be giving you a call here before long to order.

Thank you all very much,
Ethan
Dont shoot feather light arras,shoot railroad ties.

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Ethan!
Now I know who you are! Gimme a call man, I won't try to sell you anything, I promise.    :readit:    :biglaugh:  

Brian, I'm glad to hear that you're happy with both of your sharpeners. Sounds like you got them for a realy good price.  

-Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lin Rhea

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
Another vote for KME!

Well thought out and quality made. Besides, Ron is nice fella.
                           Lin
"We dont rent pigs." Augustus McCrae
ABS Master Bladesmith
TGMM Family of the Bow
Dwyer Dauntless longbow 50 @ 28
Ben Pearson recurve 50 @ 28
Tall Tines Recurve 47@28
McCullough Griffin longbow 43@28

Offline Carbon Caster

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpster:
Ethan!
Now I know who you are! Gimme a call man, I won't try to sell you anything, I promise.      :scared:      :eek:
Gen 27:3  "Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;"

In His service,
Brian Rice

TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©