Author Topic: Oscillating Spindle Sander jig Ideas????  (Read 384 times)

Offline perry f.

• Trad Bowhunter
Oscillating Spindle Sander jig Ideas????
« on: February 20, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
I have a table top oscillating spindle sander and I was wondering if anyone has ever made a jig to grind laminations with it? Also, wondered if there was a way to make a jig to taper nock and point end of arrow shafts? Thanks!

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Oscillating Spindle Sander jig Ideas????
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »

Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline pditto613

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

"the older I get the better I was"

Offline pditto613

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
This is my setup.  First I made a larger top, as flat as possible and has to be 90 degrees to the spindle.  Very important.  1/8" angle aluminum for the fence.  Again has to be square to the table.  Mine is shimmed with a strip of ducttape on the outside edge.  1/4"-20 threaded rod through the block for adjusting the thickness.  There is a nut recessed and epoxied in the block.  The feather board has countertop laminate to hold the lams against the fence.

Offline pditto613

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Run paralells through till you get close to the thickness you, say within .010. Then flip the lam end to end and run it through. Flip it after each pass and don't tighten the fence any till after you have made a few passes. Check your thickness after each pass.  To do a tapered lam just lay your lam to be grinded face to face with a pretapered lam and do the same thing. You will have to get a tapered lam to start with, but you will only need the one. I suggest getting it from Kenny M.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©