Author Topic: Left handed bows  (Read 313 times)

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
Left handed bows
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Hello All,
I have a quick question for you all. I have been making one piece and take down laminated long bows for a little over a year now. I am a right handed shooter and shoot a 50# bow. I have picked up a few left handed bows just to play around and anything over 35# starts to hurt my arm when I shoot. With all that background out of the way, I have an uncle who wants me to make him a 55# left handed bow. I know I would not be able to properly tiller and tune a 55# left handed bow. Has anyone ever tried tuning and tillering limbs on a right handed riser then placing them back on the left handed riser? I assume they would shoot the same as long as all the dimensions are the same as the right handed bow. Next question anyone have any ideas for a right handed shooter making a left handed one piece bow? As always thank you for your advice and help.
"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline okie64

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Left handed bows
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 08:37:00 PM »
I'm working on a lefthanded osage bow for my dad right now. I dont really know what you mean when you say ideas for a right handed shooter making a lefthanded bow.

Offline CaptainJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
My daughter is left eye dominant and I turned a right-handed 3 piece take-down recurve into a left-handed by copying the riser mirrored.
She out shoots the rest of the family with it.
CJ

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
Couple days ago I accidently turned a little kid bow into a leftie!!  It was easy!  :eek:    Lucky I got a little left handed girl coming up so it's just a matter of changing the recipient.  :bigsmyl:
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©