Author Topic: stop limb twist at full draw?  (Read 245 times)

Offline T L

• Trad Bowhunter
stop limb twist at full draw?
« on: February 25, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
hi, i am in the middle of building a recurve bow. Its a 56" amo length. it has quite a significant amount of recurve on it, more than most i have seen on other bows. i put a string on it and the limbs bend very nice and even. Now when i pull it back to about half draw the limbs start twisting sideways and the string will come flip off at full draw? My question is, my limbs flex a lot side to side and wondering if there's any thing I can do to fix?
Thanks

Online snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: stop limb twist at full draw?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
What is the width of your limbs? This is a glass bow? Did you mark the center of the limbs when laying them out before cutting and grinding them to that shape? Just making sure they are lined up properly.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline T L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
thanks for responding!  :)  they were at 1.5" width to begin with. its sorta a copy cat of the psr short black widow bow. Yep it is a glass bow, i did put center lines and then cut them to center. tho at the tips it does get very skinny, like a longbow. maybe too skinny.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »
I was reading on another site regarding the degree of recurve. From what I gathered there is a threshold that cant be exceeded. If said threshold is exceeded the bow can flip on itself. I have zero glass experinece, just thought I would share what I read.

Offline T L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
thanks, that helps a lot!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©