Author Topic: mixed emotions - an open discussion  (Read 906 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: mixed emotions - an open discussion
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
Here is my take on it.

Life is short.

Do whatever it is that blows yer hair back, and let others do the same.

We are all the the same ,yet different.

Find the road of your likin , and enjoy it to the end.

:bigsmyl:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
Glass = crutch??  Guess I didn't realize I was handicapped because I use glass.

Offline Bighornangler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
This is for Shawn. I'm with you all the way with the exception of wood boats which I know nothing about. Do you think age might have something to do with this? I am of the older generation and just have a appreciation for craftmenship. That includes glass bows as well. Heck I love em all.

Offline eflanders

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
How many of you have successfully handed-down an all-wood bow?  Something your grandchild could or would say: "Isn't this bow a beauty?  My Grandpa made it and used to use it for hunting".  That's character and something of a legacy.  I'm 52 and I have my Grandpa's double barrel (although I don't shoot it anymore as it has a Damascus barrel).  I also have some of his Dad's (Great Grandpa's) flyrods and all of them are still very useful and fun to fish with.  Can an all-wood bow be made that can handle normal usage from generation to generation?

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
I would say yes if it was properly cared for. The problem with old, unused bows is their memory goes like the rest of us. When you want to shoot an old bow you have to reeducate it to bend and recover. With gradual exercising old wood bows can come back to life. A wood bow can be as durable as your Great Grandpa's fly rods!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SourOwl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 01:15:00 AM »
I believe we've all earned the right to have fun in this life and I do.I presently have 28 bows; all but two were made by me;  Of the 26 made by me, four are fiberglassed, one a binghams kit and three my own design; the rest are self bows and backed self bows.  I use everything I can find;  Like KennyM said, life is short; learn to do it if you have the desire, and why limit yourself?  It's all fun!  I've mastered making arrows, quivers, arm guards and tabs, and now I'm learning how to knap points.
SourOwl

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©