3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: CABELA'S OUTFITTERS WOOL SERIES????  (Read 1281 times)

Offline DEAN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
CABELA'S OUTFITTERS WOOL SERIES????
« on: February 06, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
I WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINION ON THIS (CABELA'S OUTFITTERS WOOL series)Would this be a good alternative to the other wool clothing that is quite a bit more in price?The parka is $225. and the bibs are $190.00.They state that it is 100%virgin wool garmets using the finest fibers????They also state that there is better camo wool product on the market??SLEEPING MOUNTAIN COAT$460.00SLEEPING MOUNTAIN PANTS$300.00 lIVING ON A FIXED INCOME LOOKING FOR AN AFFORDABLE OUTFIT. Your opinions appreciated? thank you DEAN
TGMM Family of the Bow
Comptons Traditional Bowhunter

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: CABELA'S OUTFITTERS WOOL SERIES????
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Columbia Wool  It works great and bibs are only $80 bucks and Jacket only $80.  I have worn it down to 10 degrees and stayed warm.  Not just functional, actually warm.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Thumb.asp?c=11&s=29&p=141
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
I am going to have to disagree with gwhunter.  I have had the columbia stuff.  It is warm and heavy, but not tight woven and the wind cuts through it pretty good.  It is realy bulky kinda feel like the Michelan man in it.  Now I have the Cabelas outfitter wool series and I think it is a great product especially for the price.  It cuts the wind and is very warm.  The only thing is the parka I had to modify because the flap over the buttons that comes up under the chin I didn't like the way it interfered with my anchor so I just had a seamstress kinda reduce it.  Comparing the Columbia to the Cabelas I would give the Columbia about a 3 and the Cabelas about a 9.  I don't know what size feller you are but I got a buddy who has wore his maybe 5 times he is about 5'9 and 190 pounds that wants to sell his unheemed bibs and parka for $250.  If you are interested let me know.  Cableas stuff runs big and I think he has the same size as I do a M in parka so it won't be bulky and you can draw your bow cleanly and a large in the bibs.  Mine fits perfect for bowhunting and shooting a recurve and I am 6'1 and about 200-210 depending on what holiday we are getting over.  Not trying to be a salesman but if you are wanting some of this stuff that is practically brand new for about 1/2 price let me know 931-967-2521 x3

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »
Sleeping Mt.  That's good.  Get it, whether Indian or King.  In the long run it's the cheapest.  I've had my SI for probably 15 and I know they'll last longer than I'll last.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline BCD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
Day One Camo wool in ASAT-reasonably priced, great stuff! Unlined parka: $140, unlined 6 pocket pants-$140
BCD

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
http://www.graywolfwoolens.com/store/home.php

Here's the link to Gray Wolf Woolens (they're in the sponsors section of Tradgang if the link doesn't work. I've used Gray Wolf stuff for 5 years now. I've also got King of the Mountain, Woolrich and Filson. Gray Wolf is better than all of them in my opinion. (the woolrich stuff is loose weave and not high quality, but still a value. King of Mountain is very good quality, but loose weave and very pricey. Filson is a good product for a good  price, although I had the crotch rip out of my pants).  Gray Wolf offers two lines of wool product. The Outfitters line is CUSTOM built to your measurements and the prices are just slightly higher than the Cabela's. The Northwoods line of Gray Wolf is of the same heavy, virgin wool tight weave fabric, but in standard sizes. Some of this is on sale right now, depending on your size and for less than what you've quoted above for pants and coat.  I think Gray Wolf is excellent fabric and design for a great price. I cannot comment on Sleeping Indian or Autumnwoods since I haven't seen it or used it personally. However I'm confident you'll like Gray Wolf service and products. Both my son and I use Gray Wolf products here in Northern MI and we're both very satisfied.

Jeff Aulik is the owner and he's a very responsive and helpful business person. Good luck with your decision.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline gwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
OK, I am a newbie at wool.  The columbia wool is my first set of wool, so I don't know any better.  It is much better than any cotton/poly blend.  And it is cheap.  Obviously it is not quality made, as others have depicted.  I guess you get what you pay for.
Jesus died for us!  Following him brings us closer to God.  Think about it!

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
I have both the Columbia and Grey Wolf. The Columbia will serve you well you just need to dress in layers one of which should be some sort of wind stopper. My Grey wolf is very warm and a good fit. I'll be adding more of it to my gear in fall brown.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline greenie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »
If you live in SW Pa.it might be worth your while to run over to Cabelas and check the Bargain Cave. I got a pair of the wool bibs there for $80.00. And by the way I love them.

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
I have a pair of the Cabelas pants. I also have a bunch of KOM also. The Cableas is not as warm as the KOM or my Greywolf bibs but it aint bad for the price. Look at the greywolf stock bibs, you can get them for about the same money as the Cabelas stuff. Jeff Aulik at GW is great to work with, first class customer service and it's made in the USA.

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
columbia and cabela is junk buy grey wolf, KOM, or day one, you will be glad

Offline LCB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »
GW I've used the Columbia wool for 4 yrs. I wear a cabalas windshear wool shirt under it. I got no problems with the wind cutting through it. Someday I will prolly get some better wool garments, but for now it works in PA.

Got the shirt, jacket, pants all on sale, and used the 20 dollar coupons on some of it. I only got a little over a couple hundred bucks in the whole deal.
Success is measured not by inches of antler growth, but in the heart, soul, and mind!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©