3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Well what a night to be bunny hunting,,PICS TOO,!!  (Read 881 times)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well what a night to be bunny hunting,,PICS TOO,!!
« on: February 18, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
Shortly after I got home and kicked my work boots off I got the message that John had called. I gave a call back and he said what ya doing tonight,, I think those bunnies are out and we need to take a little stroll. I had to clear it before I just took off but it was a green light. I suited up quickly and on my way I went got there and we went stomping for bunnies. John pointed me to the big oak in the fence row and said stand there, but your gonna have to go through the deep snow,, well that deep snow ended up to the top of my inseem and didn't seem to be letting up any,, More later guys and gals,,J
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Well what a night to be bunny hunting,,PICS TOO,!!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
ok....finish up bud..ya got me curious.... give me a call too when  you have a chance.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
What is up with that?  You start telling a story and then just stop!!  Come on man get with the program!!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
come on jason   waiting     :rolleyes:
St. Joe River Bows

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
:campfire:    :rolleyes:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »
Well I get to the fence row and get into a position to shoot as John ready's himself at the other end. Its not long and here comes a bunny,, he's gettin closer but sees me and turns tword John,, I give john a heads up and a clean miss at that one. He points over to a downed tree,, he points me into position and I'm thinkin he's got these bunnies patterned right down to there every move,,LOL,,. Well after a couple kicks a bunny comes out,, I get no shot cause he's running under the log and ome out on the other side of it,, John sneeks up and I say "I didn't see him run out of there" He says I think he went up to that root stump,, I get ready back by the big oak,, he walks over there and draws his bow and wack,, he nails the bunny right there,, I tell him to hit him again so he doesn't get away. He lifts it up and he is all grins from one ear to the other,,LOL, More later
TGMM

Offline Sticks only

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
Ya know I was there, but I'm gonna wait for the rest of this story from the great story teller himself. Let me just say those bunny killin arrows Rob made work great!
Whisperstik Testmonkey

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
after some congrats and good shooting to John we were are focused back to the pile where this one came from. I get in between the tree tops now and if another tries that again I'm right here and ready with a cedar arrow to shoot at him. Well wouldn't you know it.. two more come out at the same time and run on both sides of me,, It took only a second to choose which one to shoot at cause one was comming right at me but he's under the log, he turns out about 4 feet from me,,
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
i wuv huntin wabbits....heh heeehhhh hheeeeh

:jumper:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »
thanks john I am glad you got to use them  any more wabbits taken???    drouling!!!!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
And a clean miss on that bunny,, grrrr,, he was right there,, well we hit that spot pretty good amd moved over to the other side of the property,, Did I mention how beautiful John's property is He has these rolling feilds with corn and grasses and wood lots hes got these great plans for. He selectivly cuts his woods for the habitat of the animals and he has alot of thought into it and what a job he's doing on it too. My hats off to ya bud,
TGMM

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
cant wait to get up there with him some day!!!
St. Joe River Bows

Offline Sticks only

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
This is at my house Rob, not the "sticks only" camp. We will get you to both.

Jbob is probably working on getting the pics up I sent him from today. Either that or he is cooking rabbit. I am just as anxious as you guys to hear the outcome of this.
Whisperstik Testmonkey

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2008, 08:50:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:  

The bunny hunt lit a flame under my rear to go do more too! I went out this afternoon and missed a squirrel, shot 50 stumps and kicked up the oldest buck I have seen on public ground. He had no head gear but his body and holes where antlers should be told his age. He also walked with a severe limp so I hope he makes it till this next season.   :pray:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
i figured it was at your house it sounds like a great place cant wait to shoot the cedar monster at some bunnies  

by the way i am starting to feel better   :readit:
St. Joe River Bows

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
Well ok, I won't drag it on any further I'll get to it,,LOL. We went ove to the other side and wouldn't you know it,, The new 56" wisperstick strikes again,, I see the bunny but I can't get a shot on it,, John however, wacks it right in the head,,he said "it flipped over and sat there dunb founded" and I told him to stick it again and he put it on the money this time right into the shoulder knocking it dead,, and again he lifts it up with a grin from ear to ear saying "I can't beleive it  two bunnies". well we walked around shot a few stumps and made back to his home. The wind was howling cutting through us like a knife, we get back and have some hot coco and talk trad hunting and how good the night was,, Man John I hope ya have me back cause that was a blast watching ya bust some bunnies, and bustin some stumps toghether was awsome bro,,

The Hero pic of the night,,

TGMM

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
That right there is all ya needed to post, a picture is worth a thousand words and ya dragged it out to about that!  :bigsmyl:  Very nice my friend!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
man great shootin  those arrows look good to  no feathers ripping off!!!!  they flyin as good as they where at the stomp??
St. Joe River Bows

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
nice pic and nice bunnies...two longbow trophies for sure.....congrats to both of ya!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
SWEET!! Bunny stompin' at it's best!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©