Author Topic: Last post  (Read 731 times)

Offline Savage

• Trad Bowhunter
Last post
« on: March 28, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
Last post in the Bowyers Bench. Got myself banned. They deleted whichever one it was so I'm not sure exactly what I said but I'm guessing I must've eluded to selling a bow. You are a great bunch of guys here gonna miss talking and learning from you.
US Army
Kosovo - 2005
Iraq - 2008

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Last post
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 12:54:00 AM »
You have a PM
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline CaptainJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
No. Not cool. You have been an excellent contributer to this forum and a great guy to have around. I have been encouraged and inspired by your work and help here.

Here's hoping it gets sorted out rightly.
If there truly was an offense and it's the first, a warning and an explanation should be enough.

Either way, thanks for your contributions here!

CJ

Offline Bradford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »
That could be it.. I just read the posting policies for the first time.. it's only been 3 years...LOL

Become a sponsor.. then you can post in the classifieds.

I am sure if you plead ignorance and become a sponsor, all will be right...

Hope it works out for you!
God gave you hands, use them

Offline NYArrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 06:09:00 AM »
That seems absurd. Did an administrator actually say you are banned or did they just delete one of your threads?
Choose this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
Joshua 24:15

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
Hope you'all can work it out, Tim!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:02:00 AM »
I've read through the thread in question and I took it more as offering a favor to someone, not advertising? Definitely not banning material.
Are you sure they said banned? Getting a post deleted is one thing, but banned is completely another.

I really, really, hope it all works out Tim. You are a great presence to have around here and it would make me sad to see you go.

SEMO
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »
It may have been the  www.Savagebows.com  on your signature that did it. Thats a no-no according to the rules? Become an assoc. sponsor and rake in the bow orders Tim.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 07:37:00 AM »
You still can't sell bows as an associate sponsor Pearl, you have to become a full sponsor if you wanna sell bows. Everything else is ok though and you can put your web address inside your profile.
I think my associate sponsorship was well worth the money and I'll keep it active as long as Terry lets me.

Offline bjansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »
Hopefully you can work it out....Unfortunetly its not the first time this has happened to a good contributer.

Offline StoneAK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Tim,
     You have my email I will miss hearing your comments and seeing your bows on here. I will stay in touch through your site man
"He never promised that the cross would not be heavy and the hill wouldn't be hard to climb"
"I don't want to gain the whole world, and lose my soul"

10 Year Active Army Disabled Vet.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
I've had posts deleted before and I'm not banned, just have to be careful what I say. They (the moderators) have said that everyone has had a post deleted at some time, the Wensel brothers, Don Thomas, killdeer...
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Savage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
No, the whole thread was deleted not just the post. Plus the www. that I had on there. I didnt think much about that since other sites allow it.
An administrator did tell me that I couldn't talk about bows or bow building any more. Thanks for all the support guys. I'm sure I'll run into some of you on the other forums. It's been good talking to you guys!
US Army
Kosovo - 2005
Iraq - 2008

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
This seems harsh.
I'd think it would be fine to talk about the art as long as were NOT trying to sell.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Bradford

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Well...

My plea to Admin..

We all make mistakes.. how bout' a warning and a second chance??????  

To be honest, I am on so many forums for different things.. the rules start to blend together.. figure as long as you are not cursing and posting nude pics of yourself with the bow.. all is good :}

So that is my only request:  Slap on the wrist first?... how bout' it?
God gave you hands, use them

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
maybe he got some warnings...??
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
I do not believe Kelly was banned from the forum (he would not have been able to post if he had), only from posting anything that might be taken as selling, advertising, or soliciting the selling of his bows.  The simple solution is to become an Associate Sponsor of TradGang, like many others have, and then it would all be moot.  From a different perspective, like that of the Paid Sponsors, is it right that somebody can solicit sales, regardless of the product, without paying his share and abiding by the rules?

The following are the rules for this forum as stated in the very first post by Terry when it was created:

“There will be NO commercial sales allowed.
NO showcasing of bows for sale.
NO sales commerce of any kind.
NO posing links for sales.
NO hinting of bows for sale.
This forum is for the making and showing of crafted trad bows by Trad Gang Members ONLY!!!
Sponors and Assoc Sponsors of Trad Gang are allowed to post pics, build alongs, and sale notices. Please post your bow ads on the Sponsors's Classifieds.
Any suspect threads for sales outside this scope will be removed, and could result in your posting privileges being revoked.

Hope that is clear, and you guys have fun. Looking forward to viewing your work.”

What I have seen over the past several months, the moderators are only enforcing the rules and are not the offending party.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline NTD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
I will not drink the kool aid

Offline greyhawk39

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 06:12:00 PM »
Sorry to hear Savage.There isn't enough build alongs as it is.Yours are, always nice to follow.You will be missed.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
Walt does have a good point. I had a couple of my posts yanked before I became an Associate Sponsor, and I took it all in stride. I wasn't offended and I made plans to pay my dues to become a sponsor when money would allow. Since I became a sponsor none of my ads have been removed and I haven't gotten any warnings, so I guess I'm not doing anything wrong or I would have surely heard about it?

Rules are rules and I can completely understand that.

I still hate to see Tim leave us, but he has his reasons and I don't think the mods are totally to blame either. I understand how much work it must be running a site this large.

Take care Tim, I wish you well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©