3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: German Kinetic Broadheads :) NICE!  (Read 720 times)

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
German Kinetic Broadheads :) NICE!
« on: February 19, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
I would like some reports on the German Kinetic Broadheads........I just ordered 2 packs of 150's ............cant wait!!!!mark   :thumbsup:      :campfire:      :coffee:      :goldtooth: ...any tunning issues..
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: German Kinetic Broadheads :) NICE!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 10:58:00 PM »
They look like very fine heads but you may have to retune your wallet. When wallets get real skinny they can have problems with centershot.

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
Look up some threads with videos posted by Buff.  He hunts with them and it really puts the hurt on animals.  I can't help thinking about the pig he shot and the hole it left...like straight out of a horror movie!  If I could afford them I'd use them, but not on this college students budget!  Grodes
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline John C Keith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »
I agree they look like they do an awesome job for a quick kill... of both the animal and your wallet.  Maybe after I win this weeks Mega Millions!

Post some pics of what you kill with them!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters

Its not about the weapon used, its about the adventure involved.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:37:00 AM »
No winner. $270,000,000 on Fri.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
They are too high to buy unless you resharpen them.... I'm still using the same head I started the season with. Even as poor as I am I can swing $25.00 a year

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 09:06:00 AM »
one word of warning... I dull the back side of the blade. The first time I drew one I cut the devil out of my finger . I noramaly draw back until the broadhead touches the top finger of my bow hand. it bled for an hour  :knothead:

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
ok, any special sharpening method????for these...
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
Originally posted by mmgrode:
Look up some threads with videos posted by Buff.  He hunts with them and it really puts the hurt on animals.  I can't help thinking about the pig he shot and the hole it left...like straight out of a horror movie!  If I could afford them I'd use them, but not on this college students budget!  Grodes
They look like awesome heads but with Buff's shot placement those hogs would have been just as dead with any other head.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
Exactly LV2HUNT,  Sometimes we are easily parted with our cash for reasons no one can figure.  They sure look like great heads and if they were priced about 75% less, they may be a good value.

My Bear heads will last from year to year as well and my Ribteks will also.  I lose broadheads before I damage them.

If Marco is happy with them, that's all that matters 8^).

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
I have one-yep one.  It is a knife quality device.  If I hunted in the softer earth regions back east, I'd use it-out this way any miss on game will get you a rock encounter-no BH stands up to repeated rocks, and i do miss that often LOL
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
They are costly for sure but if ya take a good look at how their made and what your getting then try to figure out what it takes to make them then their really not that pricey.

All this yackin bout Ashby and single bevel heads got me wondering bout making some heck why not if folks will pay??

I'm sure most shops across the country would be happy to make ya what ever ya want providing ya had the cash.

Sorry for gettin side tracked LOL it's not likely that you would have any problems with tuning those heads or any of the other fine heads out there.They are well built strong heads and like all good stuff you'll pay for it
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
All this yackin bout Ashby and single bevel heads got me wondering bout making some heck why not if folks will pay??

Why are these heads single beveled also?

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
I haven't held one in my hand but I am almost positive it is double beveled head.  :confused:    :confused:
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Thanks dino I've seen buffs videos excellant but never noticed if they were single or double myself.

Offline Tree man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by Roadkill:
I have one-yep one.  It is a knife quality device.  If I hunted in the softer earth regions back east, I'd use it-out this way any miss on game will get you a rock encounter-no BH stands up to repeated rocks, and i do miss that often LOL
Skip, Do you mean that even though it is only  drawn 12 inches you still hurt the broadhead tapping it gently against the rocks?   :p  

Arrows are ammunition. Reusable ammo but not always recoverable....and man, there are a lot of rocks in the Rockies!(And the rest of the West)

Offline SteveB

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
Double bevel.
Shooting from below on a hill, I put one (125 gr)thru a 400 lb cow elk scapula, ricochet off the bottom of the spine, off the edge of the opposite scapula and lodged just under the skin off side. Arrow broke in 3 pieces richoceting and when she jumped on impact or I believe it would have passed thru. 80 yds and down. 51# bow with 450 gr arrows.

One edge still popped hair - a few strokes on a ready edge and the other did as well.

Worth it to me.

Steve

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
hey, I get at least 18 inches of draw, and we hav e the toughest and most plentiful supply of rocks of any place in this country!

They are truly knife quality, crisp shiny and sharp as they come-out of the box.  I just need cheaper broadheads.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline mmgrode

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by Roadkill:
hey, I get at least 18 inches of draw, and we hav e the toughest and most plentiful supply of rocks of any place in this country!

:biglaugh:  Now that's funny right there!  :biglaugh:
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."  Aristotle

Offline j yenney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »
I was going to write and tell you all to stop being a bunch of tite wads!!!!! Until I just looked how much they were. WOW I'm not that cheap but lets face it, those are way over priced (shiping doesn't help). Any sharp piece of steel thru a rib cage is a dead animal.
j yenney

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©