Author Topic: Any interest in bees wax?  (Read 615 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Any interest in bees wax?
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »
Just putting out a "Feeler" to see how much interest there would be for bees wax. I got a response from the guy I get it from and he's got some. It's probably going to run around $5 bucks a pound plus shipping in whatever size flat rate box is required to fit it in depending on how much you order. Don't hold me to that cause I haven't hashed out the details with him yet, so that's an estimate.

It's 100% natural straight from the bee keeper's boxes and strained. This is the good stuff with absolutely nothing added that the bees didn't put in there themselves.

So if you wouldn't mind posting here to let me know if you may be interested. If there's enough people wanting bees wax I'll go ahead and get some.

Thanks,
SEMO
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline don s

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any interest in bees wax?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
i get mine from a hobby store. it's cheap and lasts a looooong time. thanks anyway semo. don

Offline JSMOFFITT03

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
I'm in for a pound or two at that price

Offline Sharpend60

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:01:00 PM »
Id like some also.

Offline stringstretcher

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
Put me in for a pound or two.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me [some] venison

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Lee Slikkers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
Depending on what shipping runs I'd be in for a lb or two as well...
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
I'll take 2 lbs!
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:38:00 PM »
Ok guys, sounds like enough interest in the wax so I'll see what I can get.
Thanks

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 07:30:00 AM »
I'll take a pound too Chrissy Boy:)

Offline don s

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
there is a thread on pow wow right now regarding recipes for string wax. a popular one is 1 pound of bees wax and one wax ring that you use for a toilet. melt the two together and pour into small paper cups like those used for ketchup at micky dees. don

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
Well, this may not even happen?
I think it's gonna be more expense than I'm willing to take on with little or no return.
Let me explain.......The wax plus shipping is gonna run me $5+ bucks per pound. I can't believe how much it's gone up? Wow! Bees must be getting union salary? LOL

There's no way I can sell it for $5 bucks per pound and recoup my cost, so rather than making anybody feel like their getting shafted I've decided not to go forward with it. Just too expensive, but if anybody wants the link to the guy that I buy it from I'd be happy to pass it along to you. Then you can buy it straight from the source if you so chose.
Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you the link.

Thanks for the responses and your participation in this thread.

Offline Lee Slikkers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
No worries Chris, business is business and dollars are dollars...gotta do what makes sense.  Thanks for the offer and trying anyway.
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
Second what Lee said. I thought that sounded a little low but figured I'd jump on it LOL

Stiks
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
I wish I was in a postition to just do it as a service, but funds won't permit me to right now. I am going to look for a supplier of bees wax in my home state and maybe come up with some at a reasonable cost. That way you all can get a good deal and I won't lose money at the same time.

I just couldn't see a cost effective way of doing this and not feel like you all were getting overcharged, I won't operate that way.

You can still buy from this guy and pay around $4 bucks a pound, but it's the shipping that will get ya. Anything over 3lbs. will have to go in a medium flat rate box which is $10 bucks so you can tack that onto the price of the wax and before you know it your up over $5 bucks a pound for bees wax. Shipping is always a buzz killer.  :(

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
youre going at it all wrong semo. you need to be crossbreeding bees and toilet wax rings , so that the beeswax just comes out like string wax.

that would probably cause the apocalypse though , so make sure you do some r & d

-hov
ain't got no gas in it...mmmhmmm...

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
I've got some bees wax left that I use for lube on my hand poured boolits that I may do just that with. Think anybody would buy some?
Toilet bowl rings are cheap, about $3 bucks at Lowes, that would make enough string wax to last the rest of my lifetime for sure.

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »
im sure people would. i wish i could find colored string wax. im not such a big fan of the milky white look over my black dacron...

you should get yerself some chapstick tubes. my biggest gripe is the little stick has no retention and just gets shoved back down...

id also like my tube to me slightly more beeswax. i dont like such sticky was like the tex-tite i have on hand. it was good for winter time , but now that its hot out , i have to b careful not to swipe the string against my black dickies , or i get white wax on me...

/hijack

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
The string wax I've made so far seems to be colorless or predominantly yellow and disappears when applied. It's much smoother than Tex Tite.

Offline Grey Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 04:39:00 AM »
Hova, if you melt up your own recipe or just re-melt some wax you already have, it's easy to color.
Craft stores will carry candlemaking supplies including colors. Just use what you need for the amount of wax you're melting and you're all set.
No craft stores? Steal a kid's crayon in the color of your choice. Use what you need for the color you want, it'll melt right into the wax.

Guy
Tie two birds together; though they have four wings, they can not fly.
The Blind Master

Offline hova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
thats an awesome idea. the tex tite is smooth , it just seems sticky.

i used to use a wax called  "ice wax" for my bicycle , and the stuff was wonderful. it was water and dirt resistant . if i could find it , id try it. stuff went on like water and turned real slick.

going to go get my son a pack of crayons.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©