3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Bowhunters of Montana Banquet  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Traditional Bowhunters of Montana Banquet
« on: February 06, 2007, 11:07:00 AM »
The annual banquet and meeting will be at the Copper King in Butte on February 10th. There will be vendors and some great bowhunters in attendance. I will be there too. Hope to see some of ya. Good time to share some stories and plan new hunts.  :campfire:
Happy Trails,
Chad

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Bowhunters of Montana Banquet
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 03:43:00 PM »
I will be there, made reservations for both Friday evening, for some socializing (can we say moose drool), and Saturday.  Everybody is welcome to attend, things will get started at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday with dinner at 7:00.  Contact Lenny Brown for dinner tickets at 406-582-8678.  
Chad, on the topic of new hunts, I am thinking bout either Australia or New Zealand in 2008, are you interested?

Walt Francis
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
Walt,
Of course I'm interested....but my bank account doesn't always support my interests. The timing for next year sounds good though, we will talk.

Gotta ad this comment on the banquet. I've been to more than a few banquets over the years and the food was as good as I have had anywhere. Prime Rib AND Halibut, it was mighty good and the service was excellent.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
Thanks for posting this Chad....I'd have to second the food critique.   I've been to quite a few banquets myself, and last year was the best ever, food-wise.  

The TBM banquet is more laid-back than most, but you can rub elbows with some mighty fine bowhunters there...and also have a great chance to win some good prizes.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 05:47:00 AM »
Ahhhhh....if I was only closer   :( ....I'd love to visit with you guys
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 06:25:00 AM »
I will be there also on Saturday, my recent move has left me in the dark as far as communicating with the rest of the world.  Guru you aren't to far away, Steve Anderson is coming from Minnesota!  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »
Dang!  Wish I could make it...
I miss you guys!

Offline aromakr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
Come on Kevin, You can make the drive to Montana. If you leave tommorrow you would be here in plenty of time.
Bob
Man must "believe" in something!  I "believe" I will go hunting-----

Offline Mark U

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Umm, Kevin?  I think they have airline service from Ill-noise (or is that Ill-noy?) to someplace in Montana.  You're not doing anything else right now, anyway.

I'll find out in the morning if my truck has any kind of terminal drive train damage after the last chukar hunt.  Butte is just up the road for me, so may try to make it.
So don't wait until you retire to go hunting and fishing.  Don't even wait for your annual vacation.  Go at every opportunity.  Things that appear urgent at the moment may, in the long run, turn out to be far less so.

Ted Trueblood

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
Gotta work dammit.  Mark, I thought you hunted chukars with a scattergun.  How many did you run over?  HA!  You guys have fun without me...

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
Yep sounds like a plan, Curt, Kevin, ya just gotta start planning sooner next spring  ;)
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
Leaving in about 45 min for Butte snowing a bit here. See you there. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
Well it was a great time. Didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked but did renew old friendships and made some new ones. Excellent food again. Got lucky in the raffle too.
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Frank V

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
Chad only told part of the story. He won his own knife twice & had to redraw twice. Thanks Chad nice to meet you. It was a great time & those who didn't go really missed a nice time. Frank
U.S.A. "Ride For The Brand Or Leave."

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
Chad...you need to put your raffle "system" up for sale to us losers!  

The TBM banquet, heck..all their events, have become my favorites simply because of the company shared.  Thanks to all that came and gave so generously.  

Good luck to new prez, Billy Lewis, and to Todd for taking on the treasurers duties.  

Frank, you're right...those that miss the TBM banquet and/or the shoots are really "missing out" for sure.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
Glad you all had a good banquet.  I ALMOST said "What the heck," and came on out.  That is until I checked on the price of a short notice plane ticket.  YIKES!  $1400 and change.  I'll have to plan ahead next year...unless anyone knows of someone who has their own plane, maybe like someone living in Idaho Falls or...?  
Hehehe...
Anyway, good luck Billy.  You can do it!

Offline Chad Sivertsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Frank, It was good to meet you, enjoy your new knife.

As Frank said I drew the knife I donated not once but twice. I won a Screaming Eagle tree stand and a dozen of Bob Burton's Whispering Wind arrows.   :saywhat:  

The MBA convention is a good one if you are on a win cycle, there are some really fine prizes.
Happy Trails,
Chad

Offline Mark U

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
I need to get to these functions a lot earlier than I usually do.  Roll in Sat. afternoon, catch up with everyone I know (and I'm from Idaho), sit in the bar with Dick Robertson and discuss everything that's important to us and what's in our futures (his son will be an Alaskan resident soon) and then it's time to eat and watch the entertainment.  Next time I'm going to make a real effort to meet more people I haven't met before.

I came real close in the lottery, because Chad was sitting across the table from me with his back turned and all I needed to do was reach over and swap tickets.  But who knew?

And Joseph won the custom silvertip, kept the paper for ten minutes and re-donated it back.  Quite the grand gesture.  

The other donations were equally or more impressive.  The quality of the prizes was outstanding.

And Kevin, I'll gladly come get you with the plane, and it would probably be cheaper than $1400 bucks, but hitchhiking home to Ill-noid  from Butte might take awhile, with that "recently  paroled" look of yours.
So don't wait until you retire to go hunting and fishing.  Don't even wait for your annual vacation.  Go at every opportunity.  Things that appear urgent at the moment may, in the long run, turn out to be far less so.

Ted Trueblood

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 05:15:00 AM »
I do like the TBM banquets also and I do seem to be on a winning streak at least when it comes to Silvertip bows.  I have one won one 2 out of 3 years so far.  But alas I am a Robertson Stykbow shooter and I just can't give them up.  My fiance just got a Vision Falcon from Dick last month and I couldn't see getting that bow and then letting it sit idle so I let them draw again for it so someother lucky individual who needed it more than me could enjoy it.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Great banquet all the way around.  What food!

Highlights for me were getting to shoot some new bows by Mark Baker and Brent Rudolph.  Both the "Sheepeater Spirit" static recurve and the "Hellbitch" R/D longbow were very unique and a pleasure.  Meeting Brent was another Highlight.  What a great dude.

It was also very nice to watch everyone else winning some really nice prizes.  Some of you twice no less.  That was special indeed.   ;)  

Speaking of Chad...I'm sorry we didnt get to jaw some more.  You are a popular guy and I hated to interupt.  Still I should have, so we could feel out this spring bear hunt after your season up North closes down.  I'll pm you.

Joseph...your the man!!!  I dont think I could have done it...maybe as I mature I wont be such a bow slut.     :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©