Author Topic: blueprints or design for a kids bow  (Read 281 times)

Offline vth0kie12

• Trad Bowhunter
blueprints or design for a kids bow
« on: June 01, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
my kids are want me to make tham a bow. i was think of making it a stright limb longbow (hopefully the easiest).

but i dont know how long i should make the riser, overall lenght of the bow, stack height, or width of the bow?

i thought that maybe one of you guys might have tried one before and could give me a good starting point with all of my questions.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: blueprints or design for a kids bow
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
Try a search for TG member Dick in Seattle.  He has a web page..

Online Bob T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »

Offline vth0kie12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
thanks for the link.

i think the little feather will give me a good starting point. i gotta get ahold of dick and see how long of a riser he used, limb width, and what he thinks will get to 22@22.

hes got a lot of great info on hs web site.

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
When you get this info, can you post it? I need to build a bow for my nephew.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline vth0kie12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by recurvericky:
When you get this info, can you post it? I need to build a bow for my nephew.
i emailed dick this morning, when he gets back to me i will let know know what he says.

Offline Goose Gossett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Not sure how old the kids you want to make a bow for are but I just put together 40 PVC pipe bow kits for kids in a matter of hours.  Not sure where the diagram can be found but I know we got it from an old traditional bowhunter magazine.  About $2 a bow is what it cost us.  They are probably 15# @ 18-22" If I can get some pictures or someone knows where to find that diagram by all means post er up.  If the kids are older and will want more of a bow then this isn't probably the route you should go.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow, and concealed me in his quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline vth0kie12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
ok recurvericky,  heres what i got from dick. he advised me to try a total stack of around .280 with a 13 inch riser(thats for a 22@22" and a 54 inch bow).  but he is just guessing at this.
he also said that he would stick with 1 1/8 for the width to help with speed. he also said to start long on the limbs and keep cuttingt them down intil you get the wieght you are looking for.

but my daughter would like to me do a deflex/reflex style bow and i think i am going to try and use my own design. now my question is i had firgued out the stack height i was going to use for a straight limb bow, will it change much by going to a reflex/deflex style? i guess what i am really asking is will it increase my draw wieght by changing the sytle bow? my guess is its going to increase it by a few lbs.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©