Author Topic: How It Goes - Something a Little Different  (Read 198 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
How It Goes - Something a Little Different
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:32:00 AM »
I have two pictorial bow build-alongs on my web site, which is geared to helping beginning and hoping to be longbowyers.  I am going to try to supplement these build-alongs with something a little different,  a narrative diary of an actual building project, day by day. It isn't meant to be another how to or explanation of the process, but more of a how the process went in actual practice.   It assumes you've looked at one or more build-alongs someplace.  

Every project is a bit different and every bowyer works a bit differently. Each bowyer has tools they favor over others and techniques they have found work well for them. No one way is always right for every bowyer or for every bow. At least in my experience, you start, and then you use all your past experience to cope. It never seems to go exactly as planned! Hopefully, this effort will be a window into the thinking and working process: the decisions that have to made, the problems that always arise, and how I dealt with them in this case. I hope that you find it of interest and helpful.  

The entries for the first two days of work on my current project, two bows that are not identical, is now posted on my Traditional Archery Activities page, under the link:  "How it Goes".    You can reach it by accessing my page:   www.dickwightman.com  , clicking on "Traditional Archery Activities", and then on the "How it Goes" link.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Tom I.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: How It Goes - Something a Little Different
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
Dick,
Great idea and it was an interesting read.
Another entry into the blog-o-sphere....I like it.
Tom I.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©