3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan Bow Hunters Dist.7 Rabbit Hunt  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
Michigan Bow Hunters Dist.7 Rabbit Hunt
« on: February 06, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
I went on this hunt over the weekend.I had an awesome time. It was cold and windy, but everyone was in good spirits. I just recently joined MBH and these are great bunch to hang out with.

We had one guy get one and he also got this mouse that was near our hosts house. Good pest control!
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Michigan Bow Hunters Dist.7 Rabbit Hunt
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »

Here is our gracious host Gordon Bickle. He's holding the red can. A little blury picture but we had come in from a frosty morning hunt and my hands weren't that steady,LOL! You can see the red and green flu flu's I won during the door prize raffle at the bottom of the picture.

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
looks like fun Arwin. We'll have to shoot some time. Got any place to shoot around you.
TGMM

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 03:15:00 PM »
There is the Barry County Conservation Club about a mile down the road. I've been trying to call but no one answers. Other than that I go out to Yankee Springs and hunt small game. I'd like to shoot!

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 04:13:00 PM »
I got a beagle, she hunts good if she feels like it. She's gettin old and she's been slowin up on me the last few years but when she hits fresh track she has the most beautiful ball for a hound. She listens very well to we won't be chasin her for half the county. their might be others that read this that might be interested also. Anyone else interested?
TGMM

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
I have a few good spots for her to work in. This sounds like a blast. Anyone want to join? I'd have to go sometime next week, I'm going out of town this Friday for the weekend. It's my b-day Thursday. I'll be a whole 30 yrs old!

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »
I'm in if you guys want to get something together.  I live in Holland so not to far from you guys.  Keep in touch I would love to get to know some people around this area that enjoys traditional archery as much as I do.  

Thanks,
Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
Sounds like a great time nothing like getting together with some trad buddys  :thumbsup:
Put some air under it.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
OK Tim! I'm planning on it, so we'll have to figure out a day. I have from 8:30am-2:30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
Arwin,White Buffalo, and Tim... lets chase some bunnies.  Im from Dansville Michigan.  Would love to get together with you guys. I can make thursday, fridays, saturdays, sundays work.  Arwin, I pm you on stickbow site.

talk to ya later, Steve (groundhog on stickbow)
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
Jacob, Arwin.. I am free Saturdays and Sundays.  I am looking forward to it.  Hopefully we can get something together.  

Tim (timf24 on stickbow)

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Just let me know.... I live on 5 acres that butts up to Dansville State game area.I also have access to a ton of farm land in the area. Dansville is 30 minutes south of lansing. I'd be more than willing to come to hastings or holland too.
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
I am willing to drive a little ways to.  I have only lived in this area for 6 years and have never found a good rabbit spot yet.  Except in my back yard inside the city limits that is.  Well I guess lets see if we can get something going for Saturday the 17th.  I will be out of town this weekend.  Let me know what you guys think and where you want to go.  

Talk to you soon....Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
tim... I jumped 6 two weeks ago. I only hunted 10 acres. They are probably holed up pretty good in this cold weather. I've got some real good spots. But, rabbit hunting can be hit or miss. I think weather, cover, and these darn coyotes play a big factor.. By the way, that was six without a beagle.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
The 17th is good if my wife doesn't have to work. I'll make the drive. Whose been seeing the most bunnies?

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 07:51:00 AM »
Jacob & Arwin,  That sounds Great lets tentivly plan on the 17th then.  Arwin hope you can make it.  I am a little familiar with Yankee Springs but have never hunted there.  It sounds like Jacob has a pretty good spot to.  So I guess it is between you two guys where you want to go I am up for either one.  Arwin, if we make the run to over by Lansing maybe we can hook up near M-6 and maybe carpool the rest of the way.  I guess let me know what pans out on your guy's ends.  I am looking forward to it.  

Talk to you later...Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
I'll make it the 17th, I'll bring Rosie,hot instant coffe and coco. cups and spoons. Anyone else want to put toghtether a lunch.
TGMM

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Ive only been out 1 time. Jumped 6. But Hastings would be a closer drive for Tim. Its up to you guys. I really dont mind driving.  If you do decide to come to Dansville... we have plenty of hunting available... let me know. 17th is fine for me.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
If enough come for a raffle or 50/50 drawing . I would raffle off a shoulder mount,I also have become the arrow I could put in there. All money made from raffle goes to ST. Judes hospital. what do ya think. Dansville sounds good to me. Where is Dansville?
TGMM

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2007, 09:33:00 AM »
Sounds like the date is set then fellas we just need to figure out the place.  Rabbits or no Rabbits it would be fun either way.  Driving is not a problem with me.  Like I said I will let you guys pan out the where.  And a lunch sounds like a good idea I would be willing to contribute.  Let me know what you guys are thinking.  

Talk to you soon...Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©