3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help picking a bow???  (Read 342 times)

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
Help picking a bow???
« on: February 20, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Well, I normally wouldn't ask this, cuz I know everybody has differing opinions but....

I have suddenly come down with the urge to go completely trad, and it's cuz I've been shooting a friend's BW PSR...
Now I can't afford a bow such as that, but I was hoping you guys might suggest a smooth shooting one-piece (or TD) with a medium wrist that won't break the bank.....doesn't matter if recurve or R/D. 53-57# 58-64"

here we go......thks.
ARCHER

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help picking a bow???
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 11:33:00 AM »
Lots of great bows out there right now, but I would encourage you to look at Quinn recurves.  They are priced right, great shooters, and you can buy other limbs sets to suit your needs.  That way you can decide if trad is for you or not and you always have a super shooting bow.  Good luck and have fun with it.

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »
Talk to Joe Skipp for a Kwik Styk.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by ISP 5353:
Lots of great bows out there right now, but I would encourage you to look at Quinn recurves.  They are priced right, great shooters, and you can buy other limbs sets to suit your needs.  That way you can decide if trad is for you or not and you always have a super shooting bow.  Good luck and have fun with it.
Aren't Quinn's metal riser? Not my taste I'm afraid...and I already know that Trad is the way for me....just using the compound to reach across the fields here.
ARCHER

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:49:00 AM »
Eastern,

I'm a newbie as well. I've been looking pretty hard over the last month. I'm obviously not an expert but the one thing I have found is you have to shoot them. I kind of tried to make my mind up before shooting them based on appearance and reputation. I went to a trad show and shot a bunch to see what I liked. I was almost forced into shooting a BW because I really didn't like the way they looked. I'm glad I did as it has been the best shooter for me so far. I will most likely end up ordering one next week. Basically shoot everyone's bow that will let you and find what feels the best and shoots the best for you and then figure out how to pay for it after.

Good luck

Offline EASTERNARCHER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
Lechwe, I would if I could! But up here on the East Coast, good trad bowyers (any bowyers 'cept me) are scarce as hen's teeth! NEarest trad show would be at least 10 hours away, I'm sure...unless there's one in MAine coming up!
ARCHER

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©