Author Topic: Been a while COCO/ZEBRA New riser design pics.. input please  (Read 968 times)

Offline Badwithabow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Been a while COCO/ZEBRA New riser design pics.. input please
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Ok wow Thanks for the help guys.. I spoke with kenny today and we concurred on this idea... lil fades up to the flat area and it worked..

Sixby, To you mean drill belly to back the run the screw in that way like right through the shelf/ sight window?? I probably will i really like the bow..

Bodork, the reason my overlays are so thick is my back of the riser is only 1.25 in thick so i needed atleast .50 or .75 in to get the width at the sight window right...

anyway here are the pics of course the belly lams on the riser will be nice and tapered just put that block there to get a look at how it all transitions..

Brandon Moore
Rome,Ga

Offline Badwithabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
PS. I'm going to try to stay out of the glass on this un maybe?? but definitely going to get the shelf up to 1.75-2.0 inches and then work my grip from there... keep ya fingers crossed the goods should be here tom... I hope..
Brandon Moore
Rome,Ga

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 01:46:00 AM »
Brandon. If there is room I would put the bolt in the shelf. If not then in the window . Do the super glue just before you tighten the bolt. Make sure the hole is filled with smoothon so you have no voids. It should hold but there are no guarantees in this kind of thing. I would recess the bolt head so I could over lay over it. Yes I mean drilling from front to back but not clear through the front. Use a good heavy stainless screw.
I have made it a habit to overlay the belly clear to the grip. This also reduces some of the flex and holds things together.
Tod bless you and good luck , Steve

Offline Badwithabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
So I'm hoping this.design will do a couple of things.... Hopefully the addition on the fades will lessen the stress on the shelf area.
Also kepping the belly glass intact through the riser will give me additional strength in the riser....

Really want to keep her nice and slim..... So well see how it goes....
Brandon Moore
Rome,Ga

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©