Author Topic: MESURMENTES  (Read 337 times)

Offline Buck Buckley

• Trad Bowhunter
MESURMENTES
« on: August 13, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
IWOULD LIKE TOO KNOW THE MESUREMENTS ON A HOT BOX THANK YOU L WBUCKLEY

Offline critter69

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MESURMENTES
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
I am trying to build my first bow, and its a three piece take down. I built my box 48 long aprox 18 heigh and about 14 wide. But it is all going to depend on what type of bow you are building,how tall and wide your form will be how big and what type of clamps or air hose you will use. If it was me I would build your form first so you know what size box you will need. Allow enough room in the lid or else where for the light bulbs( i was real close to not fitting in my box because I didnt take in to account the bulbs hanging down) Good luck

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
I made my hot box with the intention of putting staves in it and also putting a glue up in there for curing when it's too cold in the garage for the glue to set up.

Inside measurements are 72" long x 12" wide x 18" deep. I actually used a couple of old pioneer speaker boxes I had from the big tower speakers in my garage that no longer worked. I blew those babies up a long time ago, I blame it on Metallica.   :goldtooth:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Buck Buckley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
THANKS EVERY ONE I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A RD  66/64 like my other bows so i will build my form first thank you l w buckley

Offline KellyG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
Buck,
I know there were some build a longs on here. If you search on here you will find info on them.
Kelly

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:45:00 PM »
6 feet long by 18" wide and 18" high will be plenty.

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Go long enough for the longest bow you would/could ever build.  Mine is 78" long and I still had to cut a hole in the end for my hose to stick out of when using my 72" forms.  Kinda handy though for checking pressure during the cook.
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©