3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ,Arrow contact points on recurve  (Read 281 times)

Offline Squint

• Trad Bowhunter
,Arrow contact points on recurve
« on: February 21, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
Just got a new recurve,the shelf,arrow contact point is just above the deepest part of the grip,but the side plate contact point is about 1/2in in front of that,towards the front,or back of the bow.Should both contact points be in line with one another? Am I worrying about nothing,or should I contact the bowyer? By the way,I havent even shot the bow yet,It just doesnt look like my other bows.  Thanks
               John

Offline GameGetter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ,Arrow contact points on recurve
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
Yes that is a big deal. you are correct in that the contact points should be even. A quick fix would be to put a "Raise" or "high point" (thin piece of leather or match stick under the strike plate even with the shelf contact point...Dan
Be well, shoot well,
Dan Heitstuman

Offline Squint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Thanks Dan,thats what I was thinking,Ive owned 4 bows,from this bowyer,still shoot two of them,this one is set up different from the others,Ill give him a call and see what he says.Ive never had a problem with him in the past,and hes got a great reputation. Thanks  John

Offline ONE SHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »
The contact point of the arrow on the shelf should and must be directly above the knuckle of the Bow hand. Otherwise the Bow will never shoot properly, and you will be raising and lowering the nock point to no avail. Yes you can insert a tooth pick under the shelf material, idealy you want a single contact point where the Arrow rests on the shelf....ONE SHOT...  :)    :)    :D    :D

Offline Squint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 11:37:00 PM »
ONE SHOT  
    The shelf contact point,is above the knuckle of the bow hand,above the deepest part of the grip,the side plate contact point is what I was concerned about,it being a 1/2in foward of the shelf contact point.  
John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©