Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 43081 times)

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
What did you do today?
« on: November 25, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
What did everyone do today? What projects are you working on?  I'm finishing a hickory d/r bow right now.

"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Blkbird

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Why sinewy... My arch enemy.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline Blkbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
Worked on processing some sinew for a juniper I have been working since April. Also worked on cleaning my shop and organizing so I can get back to working on bows.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Glued some skins on an ash flatbow, worked an elm static curve for a few hours and finished off my playtime with some loop padding on a new FF string for the ash bow. Playtime resumes at first light tomorrow! My favorite time in the shop is early mornings with a pot of coffee and some tunes. Love it to pieces.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
I just gathered up all my stuff to start a new longbow.  This one is going to be a r/d, 62", maple lams, curly maple riser, and brown glass. I just put the masking tape on the glass and I'm headed over to my Dad's place tomorrow to use his drum sander to grind the lams.  This will be my first try at grinding my own lams - wish me luck.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Dmaxshawn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Drove from the ranch in western Nebraska to paduka Kentucky.   I'm a little more than half way back to Florida.

Can't wait to get back to the shop

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
Good luck on the lame. Pearlie... Where are the pics man!

Is that an antler handle overlay on the sinew osage?

Online rmorris

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:00 AM »
My wife and I got into a little argument about house cleaning and who does more. After a few minutes of arguing I some reason blurted out "Yah well I bet you didn't know I can sew". The argument quickly turned to mockery and "prove it". Now I hope you all dont think less of me now but we went down to her moms house to use a sewing machine and a few hours later here is what I came up with.

They have the butt pocket on the front (perfect for the score cards at 3-d shoots) and the front pocket is on the backside but is still usable.

Here is my surprised and happy wife.

"Havin' such a good time Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally Golly, what a day"

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »
Awesome quivers Ralph, very creative. Cute wife, she's still very young so don't be too hard on the girl. At least she shoots a bow so that's a heck of a lot more than most women will participate so consider yourself a very lucky man.   :knothead:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 06:15:00 AM »
Took 6 grandkids to the Zoo yesterday. I shot a lot of arrows in my mind, LOL

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
Fretting gun season!     :help:  

Can't do any bow making until after the first week of January. Got all my gear and clothes for hunting in the building due to my Daughter and Grand daughter moving mack in, No room to do anything and I'm going nuts!  

Already made the decision not to enter the swap this year. I have several bows promissed that I need to insure I have time for before the spring or atleast the summer ends.
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
Good job Ralph! That some cool stitching pal. I prefer AE quivers, but Wrangler works.

Joe - "Fretting gun season!"
Hang tough man! We are on the down swing of a two week slaughter up here. I spent the time finishing a new late season bow to try out.  

Last but not least, Roybert I hope those kids ran you in circles, whipped your butt and took all your spending money!!!!!

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 08:01:00 AM »
Worked on the honey-do list. Put a new dishwasher in and some other stuff in the kitchen. Got to get the shop cleaned and a coffee table built before I do much more bow work. If I bring out another bow before the much promised table, i'll be wearing it up the side of the head  :knothead:    There is always time between glue ups and such   :bigsmyl:
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
Building another hunting quiver. can never have to many.

I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
Very nice work.

Offline Living_waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Well so far I have overslept, I reluctantly agreed to not set my alarm last night to please my honey. Planned on getting a little redemption from thanksgiving morning when I had to make decision between a young 8 pointer and 3 does. I chose the doe that was well versed in string jumping.

SOOO with the new house done and the shop put off till spring, I have no excuses; it is either hang Christmas decorations or build a shave horse to set outside. Man I miss my shop.
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'” Jesus

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Jerry, that is an awesome quiver and knife. I really need to get over there some day soon. Hope you are feeling better.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
I went bow hunting with my BBO, saw a small spike at about 50 yds but had a great evening.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©